Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello All, I'm new to the world of Diesel and am looking to upgrade from my little bitty Ranger (200k+ miles on it) to something that can tow and will have longevity.

Neighbor has a 2010 6.4L Lariat Super Cab for sale. It has around 39,000 miles on it. She says she's kept up with the maintenance and has "babied" it. Paint and Interior are in perfect condition, great tires with lots of life left on them etc... After having read some about the 6.4L and their common problems, I'm a little gun shy to want to get into this truck which is still totally stock and not deleted...I'm not a diesel mechanic and I'm not loaded. I want a practical truck that has great towing capacity and will last me a decade or two if I treat it well. I don't want a pet project that I'm going to have to replace a bunch of parts and dump a ton of money into constantly to make it drivable. I've also read that 2010 was the best year for these engines as far as reliability issues go, so I'm a little torn. She's asking 25,000. I could probably get her to take 22, which seems like a steal to me if the truck proves to be reliable. Should I buy it? Any guidance or input would be appreciated :)

·
BigMo
248 Posts
Yes, delete, good intake/exhaust, tuner, maintain it to the max
...will be a good truck

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts