Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a 2002 F250. Was wondering if anyone has put an in dash nav head unit from a 2009 F250 in the 99-04 trucks? Does it work? What kind of wiring does it entail? Would I be better off getting a double din unit? If there's another thread about this, point me to it. I searched for this for a while:(

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It will not fit without modifying he dash, you will also need the antenna for the GPS. Buy an aftermarket unit it's a lot less trouble, those factory units bring good money on ebay more than enough to get you an aftermarket setup that will fit much better and have more options. I suggest pioneer

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I did a less expensive head unit and added an iPad. It's like having a computer in the dash, I run the itsx from sct so my gauges are on the iPad. I have all my music also like a built in iPod links strait to the radio. The console doubles as a sub box with one 12" woofer that slams. You can do this same setup for about 1500 minus the sub

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I was looking at them at best buy. My best buy here has a nice Kenwood with backup cam, but it runs around $1000 out the for installed. I was looking to get maybe 6-700 into it. I love the factory look, but I think it's like you say the factory ones are a pain to install. I think I'll still have to trim my dash a little for a double din, but it doesn't sound too bad. I would like to nav, Sirius, and Pandora capable. That would be the cats meow, but to have my gauges interface that's over the top for me:). Thanks for the response.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Crutchfield. .....hands down the best place to buy from.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts