Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody know if the 6.4L style towing mirrors will fit on a 2001 f250? or if there is a company that makes that style mirror that will fit on my truck.

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
yep they bolt right up, just need to run wires for marker and turn signals to the doors

·
Registered
630 Posts
Is there mirrors that have markers but not power??

·
Banned
844 Posts
dont mean to steal your tread but i've been thinking of the same thing. will it still allow the power mirrors to work
yes it will, you just have to wire it from the wires inside the door panel.
Is there mirrors that have markers but not power??
I dont think so but you could always get the ones with markers and just not wire them.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Befroe

After

Since this pic, I have tented the lenses so the orange doesn't stand out so bad. Power adjust is hooked up. But I have not had a chance to wire the turn signals and lights.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Well what would it take to make a none power mirror truck have power mirrors?

Sorry for the hi jack man

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I see no one has mentioned this and you kind of figure it out when you go to install the 08 mirrors..

But you need to cut/grind off the plastic nub on the mirrors in the upper part kind of in between all the studs/screws on the mirrors themselves...there is no hole in our doors for that little plastic nub!

I found this out the hard way when I couldn't figure out why in the hell the mirrors wouldn't sit flush against the door:doh:

Btw, nice rig Bigkid

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hey who made the taillights im looking to get some new ones.
Got'em off ebay. Not sure who the brand is.

I see no one has mentioned this and you kind of figure it out when you go to install the 08 mirrors..

But you need to cut/grind off the plastic nub on the mirrors in the upper part kind of in between all the studs/screws on the mirrors themselves...there is no hole in our doors for that little plastic nub!

I found this out the hard way when I couldn't figure out why in the hell the mirrors wouldn't sit flush against the door:doh:

Btw, nice rig Bigkid
Thanks man.

This is true, I used a grinder to chop it off. But real easy, real quick.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts

I drove a new E250 van this week. They still come with the old style mirrors. I could not believe how hard it was to see with them. The 08 mirrors are miles better than the old mirrors.

I highly recommend the upgrade. Highly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Partstrain.com if you buy 09 mirrors they are cheaper than the 08's

·
Registered
244 Posts
1A Auto....they sponsor on here. I just put the 08-up style on my E99. The power, heated with signals were $369 free shipping. I have wired everything except the heat at this time. I am going to use a rear defroster switch from an early 90's explorer. It has a built in timer.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts