Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I be able to mount 2008+ Tail Lights to my 2005 Super Duty without any concerns or issues? The reason why I ask is because I found some nice L.E.D. Tail Lights I want, but they're meant for an 08 and UP. I heard the reverse Light Bulb is different, but that can be resolved. :confused:

·
Diesel
51 Posts
I could be wrong but I think the only difference is the reverse light is up top on 08+ and would need the wire extended

·
Registered
113 Posts
I sawped mine out for 08 lights, I just had to get some new pigtails for the reverse lights, other than that just bolt up and plug in

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I kinda figured I'd the Pigtails would have to be replaced. Its weird and yet a plus for changing the reverse lights for 08 and up to a (and this is the weird thing that I've learned on the net) GM Spec Reverse light Pigtail & Bulb.

Oh well, as long as it works fine nobodies complaining about. So I'll make plans on getting the L.E.D. Tail Lights next month.

Thanks guys, for all your help. :rockon:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I have 08up recons in my 05 the connector will work you just have to squeeze it in there, the reason I ordered 08 up is cause I thought the reverse bulb location would be up top but it's not it's still on the bottom

·
Registered
113 Posts
I like the reverse lights on the top, looks way better

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have 08 lights on my 2004 and you connects right up just need a pigtail for the reverse light cause your older on won't fit in the reverse hole for the bulb the new one is way smaller then the old one you have

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have the '08 lights and love em. Ditto what everyone else said

1 - 8 of 8 Posts