Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting 2008-2010 (not sure exactly) KR seats in the 99. Anyone have the color coding for the wiring? All I need is to connect power and ground. I'm not bothering with heated seats and whatever else that computer module is under the seat.
The 99 only has black, green, and seat belt sensor wire. The 2008 model has 5 wires.

Any help would be appreciated. In the middle of it now.
Bob

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Wish I could help. But all I got is a bump.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
Ill try to help I do alot of seat swapping in SDs but I cant rem. the excat colors but the last one I did It seems like the newer seat I put in still had the same color wires to match it too. Does your 08 seat still have the green wire? That should be your power and the blue/brown is the seatbelt wire, black is ground. Under the seat on the 08 If there is a red/white that is related to heat, Orange/green goes to Illuminaton for heat shouldnt need that. Then seatbelt wire, hot, and ground. Wish I could rem. excatly but maybe this will help. Maybe this will give you a bump to for someone that knows better than me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm getting ready to do this same swap into my 2007 XLT that currently does not have power seats. I would like to hook up the heat as well though. Any chance you'd pass along any tricks?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have worked on this a good bit right now what im attempting to do is use the module and heat switch from a 02 seat they seem to have a seperate module under each one for the heat and then I bought a 01 wiring harness for the seat itself from ford. My truck had power seats but to hook the power part up you just need a constant hot and a ground. What im trying to get to work w/ 02 is a switched hot and then the illumnation feed for the switch. After 02 they seem to have a relay somewhere else in the truck and both seats heat are controlled from one box usually under the drivers seat and it looked to be way to big a PITA to get that setup to work that is why I went with 02 setup. I am in no way a wiring genius and I know their are many guys on here that could probably help you out more or Im sure they have come up w/ a more simple way. But this is what im workin on to get mine to work.

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I dont have it installed yet but I can take some pics of the parts tom. if you want.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks! I wonder if I run the drivers seat heat through the upfitter switch with the 30 amp relay if that will work. If I get time I'm going to try and get this done over the weekend...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Passenger seat power/heat and driver heat work. I am at a total loss for power the drivers seat though. As luck would have it the KR seats I got have the memory computer and I'm not sure how to bypass the thing. Any one????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts