Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2008 f250 with 17000 miles on 6'' pro comp lift 20'' wheels with 35'' tires. (off road exhaust) with edge with attitude, sun roof fully loaded. Now the bad! It wont start anymore and I just dont want to deal with it. It threw a DTC p0269 cylinder imbalence ford said it was probably an injector im just tired of dealing with it and want to get rid of it. To save everyone the thought its not under warrenty anymore. Thanks

ps1.jpg ps2.jpg

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what do you mean those kind of ads? It has a green title but the truck was stolen and I bought from a bank. I have a couple other trucks just thought I could make some money on a truck like this and now its just a sitting duck that im not going to put any more money into

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
my guess is the injector is bad, ford said its because of contamination in the fuel system and they want him to pay 8500 for a new fuel system to "properly" fix the issue that just an injector and some fuel filters would probably fix... just a guess though

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
my guess is the injector is bad, ford said its because of contamination in the fuel system and they want him to pay 8500 for a new fuel system to "properly" fix the issue that just an injector and some fuel filters would probably fix... just a guess though
Soooo... does this apply or???

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No doesnt apply at all I left it with ford to diagnose the problem called em a couple days later and they said it would be $100 I said for what and he said it wasnt under warrenty and they didnt even want to really touch it with all that crap on it (dpf delete and edge). So they read to me what the codes were and what they meant. So in the yard it sits ever since.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
well.... 100 dollar deductable for a truck with over 36k miles, something doesnt really make sense to be honest, why wouldnt you want to fix a 30k truck for 100 bucks? The injector itself would be close to 500

·
Registered
170 Posts
I believe they charged him $100 for the scan and denied the warranty due to the mods....

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yes thats right Mad Max thanks for the input, someone understands. Its not the point of me fixing it I have two other powerstrokes I bought this one to make some money on it, and it crapped out on me and im not putting anymore money into it. If I was to keep it I would sell the engine and put a cummins in it im not sold on theses engine

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.