Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i thought this was going to be a great idea. (i have seen it in pics on the net i know its not a new idea, i know its been done.) but with my 08 side mirrors and tailgate i thought it would really go good. now that there hear i am having second thoughts. the last thing i want to do is cut a hole in my fenders stand back and say what the fu(k was i thinking??? the pics of my truck below kind of look bad with the placement of the badges and angle of the pics, but what is your take on it? i think most of you will say don't do it. and i'm still up in the air about it. or even leaning towards not doing it but i'm going to take a few more pics of them taped on the truck tomorrow (or as soon as i can). if i put them on i will be cutting the fender open to mount them in and losing the door badges. if you have or know of a pic post it up. if you had my truck and the badges where in your hand would you do it or not?

my truck

stock badges

with stock insert

with billet insert

from afar

with insert and with out

here is the look i like

here is a truck that looks pritty good with the 08 badge on it (i know its a 08 up)

i do plan on cutting them in if i do put them on like 06two50diesel did.

i think this looks real good.

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
I say go for it, but I loved how mine looked when I had them on my 05 front end. DO IT!

Chad

·
546 Posts
i thought this was going to be a great idea. (i have seen it in pics on the net i know its not a new idea, i know its been done.) but with my 08 side mirrors and tailgate i thought it would really go good. now that there hear i am having second thoughts. the last thing i want to do is cut a hole in my fenders stand back and say what the fu(k was i thinking??? the pics of my truck below kind of look bad with the placement of the badges and angle of the pics, but what is your take on it? i think most of you will say don't do it. and i'm still up in the air about it. or even leaning towards not doing it but i'm going to take a few more pics of them taped on the truck tomorrow (or as soon as i can). if i put them on i will be cutting the fender open to mount them in and losing the door badges. if you have or know of a pic post it up. if you had my truck and the badges where in your hand would you do it or not?

my truck

stock badges

with stock insert

with billet insert

from afar

with insert and with out

here is the look i like

here is a truck that looks pritty good with the 08 badge on it (i know its a 08 up)

i do plan on cutting them in if i do put them on like 06two50diesel did.

i think this looks real good.

i think it would look good also. What size wheels and tires do you have ?

·
Registered
386 Posts
I say leave them off. looks good as is

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've seen a white truck like yours with them and I think that it looked bad ass except he still was running the Powerstroke badge on the door. I've been wanting to do this to my truck but I can never find the right badges and I'm to cheap to order new ones.

Thanks Rick

·
Registered
878 Posts
I vote HELL NO! I love the look of the newer tailgates and think they look really good on all models but the badges and mirriors are no go's to me. Look at the body lines of our yr model trucks they're all rounded so why put a huge square ass mirror on it?? It no worky my brother keep original badges and mirrors for the win!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I think it all depends on the color or the truck and other mods...basically if it "goes" with the look you have...IMO I think the 08+ with out the billet looks the best on your truck, go for it !

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i hear you all and thank you for your thoughts. i am till way undecided. i am going to mock it up again when i have a few minutes to spare and its nice out. (not poring rain)

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts
No way. I dont like them on BB, either. Call me a minority, but it's just too big and gaudy of a badge to look good. Less is more, one day people will understand that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts