Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ahahahah nowwww this is a Grillguard!!
F350 Tug

notice the seamless integration of support bracket to side steps, the beautifuly feminine yet "i can stand up to whatever you run me into" lines of 2" tube steel goodness as the support bars floooowww down to the nerfbars... lol i would hate to be on the receiving end of that.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It would only go 25mph tops though, so I think you would have enought time to get out of the way! :gethim:
Nah I doubt its geare that low. But the damn thing was just about turning around the doors!

·
Registered
51 Posts
They have like 7.xx gears in the axles and the only the first 3 gears in the tranmissions are used (if i remember correctly) so yeah, top speed at redline is like 30mph.

At my last job we had the kind with the wrap around bumper too but this is all i have a picture of.

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
They have like 7.xx gears in the axles and the only the first 3 gears in the tranmissions are used (if i remember correctly) so yeah, top speed at redline is like 30mph.

At my last job we had the kind with the wrap around bumper too but this is all i have a picture of.
Are you in Antarctica right now???

I love in that pic how the front has a dually wheel and the back is a normal SRW wheel. Thats gotta only be like a 100" wheel base!!!???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are you in Antarctica right now???
Yup 5:11 am on sunday :D and bright and sunny 24/7

And i dont know what the wheel base was, like i said it was at my last job, i worked on a military base in the middle east. The Air Force uses them to tow around AGE equipment.

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
Yup 5:11 am on sunday :D and bright and sunny 24/7

And i dont know what the wheel base was, like i said it was at my last job, i worked on a military base in the middle east. The Air Force uses them to tow around AGE equipment.
So you are what............. 21 hours ahead of the pacific coast? I think i did the math right!

Oh okay so that truck isnt in Antarctica!!?? I was kinda wondering what the reason for the tan color was!

BTW: what is the temp. down there?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I dont know what the time difference is, i just google it before i call home :D if it helps we are a 6 hour flight south of New Zealand... thats at C17 speed though.

10-20*F (before wind chill) nice and warm, we are comming up to the summer months dont forget.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Never seen a dodge but all those other tugs have cummins in them. Yea if that 08 were used for aircraft it would have a pintle on the front.

·
Registered
51 Posts
We actually had 30 or so 96-98 Dodge 3500s that were equiped the same and did have the Cummins. We also had about 6 2000 F350s with the 7.3 and the new 2005s were starting to replace them all just because the fleet was getting so old. I dont have any pictures of the dodge trucks.

The cummins is a GREAT engine but the truck fell apart around the drivetrain.

And, like already mentioned, the Bobtails only pulled around generators, light carts, etc.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
My buddy had one of there for awhile. It has a little Nissan non turbo Diesel. Never got to drive it & he sold it. There is another one around here though.
CJ10 2wd Dana 70 auto with a transfer case locked in low range to even further reduce the gears.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Stop with the fawkin jeep pics I want to get one and stuff a 4bt in one almost as bad as I wanna stab Jessica beil in her brown eye.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts