Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my sister has an 08 job one dually. She towes heavy with it all the time. Has 94k on it. She has had it since 48k. It’s tunes and defeated but egr and cooler are still on the truck. Not sure of what tuner is on it and she has no display. She bought the truck this way. About 6 months ago it left a coolant spot on her driveway. She had me look at it. I couldn’t find any sign of leaks but told her what coolant to get and she topped it off. So about two weeks ago her boyfriend is driving it and sees it’s left what he thought was trans fluid( coolant) on the ground. He takes it to a shop and they flame it needs rocker arm assembly, head gaskets and heads head studs and quotas them 7500. She picked it up with a trailer and is going to have a second opinion. I looked at it and it seems to run fine. She drove it home from my house. The coolant bottle was low but didn’t seem aerated. it’s not smoking or anything and I dont hear any abnormal noises. It also dosent have any codes. Dose this sound like the first shop was just trying to make a sale? Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Lots of unanswered questions there. What was actually leaking on the ground? Is there excessive cooling system pressure?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It has left coolant on the ground a few times. Just enough to make the take low but still some in tank. And no. There wasn’t excessive cooking system pressure from what I could tell. Dosent over heat.

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Again my question is what’s the source of the external leak? Did they say how they came to turbo conclusion of that diagnosis ?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Have a pressure test done on the coolant system. Odds are ur stock radiator is failing. Check for signs of coolant leaks around the radiator.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Turns out truck is fine. She dad another shop look at it and they found a rust hose clamp leaking coolant and they gave the rest of the truck the green light. Looks like first shop was up selling

1 - 6 of 6 Posts