Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All, I am the former owner of a 2006 F-250 PSD; I loved it, but apparently so did some one else (it was stolen). Anyway, I am in the market for a new truck and I am interested in a 6.4 that has caught my eye. I know the mileage is not that great, but I would prefer to deal with that over possible used 6.0 problems.

My question to all that have and ahve dealt with the 6.4L. Would you consider purchasing a 6.4L with 100K miles if the price was right and the dealership was offering a 2 year bumper to bumper full warranty? The truck is absoltely mint and car fax lists it as a one owner truck. Looking at the tow hitch I doubt the truck ever saw any tow use what so ever. The truck will be used as a commuter and to pull at 4,000 lb boat (plus family and the boating gear) on the weekend.

Thanks for you comments and suggestions. :ford:

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
I own a 2008 F-450 (100% stock) and I love it. Just 2 things I don't like.

1: Fuel mileage (11.0 mpg in my case)
2: Regen system (Regen cycles cost you money because every time it occurs your mileage drops and consumes too much fuel to complete the clean up)

Other than that the truck is a master piece, runs great, lots of power and looks pretty bad ass. I hope this help you.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
All, I am the former owner of a 2006 F-250 PSD; I loved it, but apparently so did some one else (it was stolen). Anyway, I am in the market for a new truck and I am interested in a 6.4 that has caught my eye. I know the mileage is not that great, but I would prefer to deal with that over possible used 6.0 problems.

My question to all that have and ahve dealt with the 6.4L. Would you consider purchasing a 6.4L with 100K miles if the price was right and the dealership was offering a 2 year bumper to bumper full warranty? The truck is absoltely mint and car fax lists it as a one owner truck. Looking at the tow hitch I doubt the truck ever saw any tow use what so ever. The truck will be used as a commuter and to pull at 4,000 lb boat (plus family and the boating gear) on the weekend.

Thanks for you comments and suggestions. :ford:
if the price is right sounds like a good deal with a warrenty and 100k is nothin for these motors if there takin care of.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I just got my 6.4 last week and this thng is AMAZING. Someone hit me with the stupid stick and I bought a 09 6.7 cummins. Biggest mistake I have ever made other than sellin my big sexy (99 7.3)to get it. I paid 34000 for my 08 with 36000 miles. You will not be dissapointed. Well at least I'm not

·
CEO & PRESIDENT, RHTFC
68 Posts
Damn!
EVERYTIME I reply to a thread, the thread dies. So in behalf of this forum I will remain like a ghost. No more replies from my part.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone. I actually ended up finding an 08 6.4 with only 66K on the motor. Still under the Ford factory warranty.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Good lookin truck man. What did ya end up payin for it if ya dont mind me askin

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Not bad

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah, I felt happy out the door. I am sure the dealer made his money off me, but at least I feel like I got a deal!:D

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
How do you like it so far. I think I burned a full tank of fuel out of mine the night I got it Just in town

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lots of power. Amazing how it moves off the line compared to the 6.0 (she was no slouch though)

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
How did your leather hold up on your KR. Did you condition it?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It held up well. The front seats weathered much faster than the back seats due to the hot FL sun. Lots and lots of Lexol every few days kept them supple. Great seats, very comfortable!

·
PSN Insomniac
561 Posts
Good to know, i have the KR stuff and i do it every 6 months. Gonna get some Lexol too, thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.