Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Wheres the Spark Plugs?
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this yet that could point me in the right direction? I have located a set of tow mirrors from a 2008-2010 superduty new in the box for a halfway decent price. My Ex has the small sport mirrors power with defrost. I think these new morrors are telescopic with the marker lights on the outside. What am I getting myself into with the wiring of these and are they indeed a bolt on change or is there other cutting or drilling involved?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
there is a little plastic piece that you have to cut off of the mirror but other than that they will bolt right up. the wires will have to changed over to match. i think that there is a thread on it somewhere.

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts
I doubt that an Excursion door is any different than my super duty, I installed the 08 mirrors onto my 2006 truck without a single issue, no cutting or trimming required. 4 mirror bolts and 4 wires later, I had working 08 mirrors. Mine are power glass with heated internals. Worked 100% since the first day. Really love the blind spot mirror as well.

·
Wheres the Spark Plugs?
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thank you guys for the help. Now if I could just get the seller to actually answer the phone so I could pick them up I would be set. :)

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
if i remember right there is a litttle plastic nub that has to be cut off other than that they bolt right up then you just got to wire them

·
Lead-Don't follow.
990 Posts

·
Reloading
429 Posts
Check out my post, it's the second one. There is a small indexing tab you need to remove. Eather wack it off with a screwdriver or cut/grind it off. The install dosen't take long. But dont rush it, make it a neat install when running the wires you'll be more happy with the outcome. These mirrors are one of the best things I've done to my truck, well worth the money, especially if you tow.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts