Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just registered on this site after just recently buying a completely stock 2007 6.0 powerstroke. Truck only has 60,000 miles and headgasket has no issues. I have a superchips 1855 tuner and wanted to know if the low tow tune would be a safe option in regards to the trans and head gasket. I'm not looking for crazy power increase just a little extra over stock. Thanks for any input!

·
Administrator
8,238 Posts
Welcome to psn. I'm not sure on the tunes. Sorry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thanks for the reply though! Hope somebody with prior experience with these tuners sees my post!

Most will tell you no and the only safe bet is a sct with custom tunes. And for the most part there right.

Im sure you can get by with the superchips but like most.....that "more power" bug tends to sneak up on you and next thing you know your running the big tune.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most will tell you no and the only safe bet is a sct with custom tunes. And for the most part there right.

Im sure you can get by with the superchips but like most.....that "more power" bug tends to sneak up on you and next thing you know your running the big tune.
I've learned the hard way with the performance superchips tune. Ran it on my 2000 7.3 for no more than a week and it exploded my accumulator valve body spring!! Do you think if I left it in the low tow setting on my 6.0 it would be safe? I know it's not the best option but I already own the tuner. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts