Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Well truck gets dropped off tomorrow evening to the shop, I'll let you guys know what they find.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Well not so good news on the truck. Mechanic thinks there's a hot tune on it, which I never put on it, which is causing it to misfire.

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
He can't get the old tune off....not sure where to go from here.

·
Registered
582 Posts
I don't own a 6.0 myself, but I have read here in the forums of several places that will repair/re-flash PCMs. I believe one poster said that he took it to Ford and had them re-flash the unit to stock. I don't know how that interacts with a "deleted" truck though (should yours be one).

Edit: just looked at the your first post again where you state that your vehicle is stock... so having Ford re-flash the unit won't cause any additional headaches.

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Trying to avoid that. I'm sure that bill would be $$$.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
I've never dealt with an issue like that. I would call the dealer and at least ask them the cost, and then call some reputable diesel shops to get their prices. Although, before I spent hundreds of bucks, I would want to know for sure this was going to work, and I would at least try swapping out the PCM to be certain. Yes, there are certain things which may not work correctly depending on what PCM you swap it with, but you should still be able to get some basic diagnostics to see if it worked. Only then would I re-flash the PCM.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,222 Posts
It used to be 1 hour of labor charge (which would now probably be around $150 I am guessing).

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
At least that's not too horrible of a cost....not cheap either.

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Not to terrible. Got alot going on lately sold our house, moved in with the inlaws, truck broke down, car broke down all within the same time frame for the most part

41 - 52 of 52 Posts