Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a stock 2006 F250, around 50-60 mph just normal acceleration my truck will start to shake and stumble. It's not suspension related. FICM voltage is normal along with battery voltage. I can't for the life of me figure it out. I have a SCT for monitoring and ForScan for a android.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts
No codes picked up with ForScan?

One possible cause of stumble and shake symptoms can be an injector issue.

Reactions: blueoval4life

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No codes, I do believe it's fuel related maybe, because it's like it cuts out if your running low on gas in your mower but it also shakes bad!

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts
What is your fuel tank level?

Have you checked the fuel pump for flow (rate of fill on an empty secondary fuel filter bowl)?
How about checking for bubbles when filling the secondary fuel filter bowl?

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Right now I'm at a 1/4 tank, but it does it no matter how much fuel is in the tank. How do I check those thing mentioned?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Is it always at approximately the same speed, and while accelerating? Does it matter what gear it is in?

How you check the secondary fuel bowl is to take off the cap and remove the fuel filter (this is the filter on top of the engine, next to the oil filter). If the fuel level is still high, drain some of it out...turkey baster type tool works great. Have a buddy you trust in the truck turn the key to the on position and you watch the fuel bowl. You are looking to see if any bubbles come in along with the fuel. Should just be a nice steady stream of fuel, no bubbles. Also, you should be seeing if it fills quickly or not. Mine fills in about two seconds, to give you an idea of what is ok. Could be faster, but it's still good. Also, that is why you need someone you can trust....they need to turn that key off when you yell, otherwise you're going to have fuel all over the place. Don't ask how I know. lol

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's always at the same speed. Haven't paid attention to gears but pretty sure it's before it shifts to OD. Normal accelration it does it. If I lay into it never does it m

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I couldn't find a Turkey baster but I found something that may work. I'm going to do this test tomorrow probably.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts
(y) .

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Little update. Did the KOEO injector buzz test with the ForScan app, all came back normal. Still haven't done the bubble test, since I need an extra set of hands.

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Truck didn't pass bubble test. As soon as the key was turned I had bubbles......

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Didn't look that closely.. After I "checked" I went and watched some videos instead of doing it before like a doofus. I'll have to check it again today. I did notice my fuel bowl was on around half full or so? Don't know if that's nkrmal or not

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I watched a few videos and one the guy used that jumper to the postive terminal on the battery. Does it matter which way I do it?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,216 Posts
I have seen fuel bowls full, half, full, and empty. It is not that big of a deal in any configuration.

The best way to do the test for air is to first do it when the bowl is empty (use a turkey baster type tool to empty it of it has some fuel in it). Have someone simply turn the key on and fuel will flow. Watch for bubbles as the bowl fills up. They need to be ready to tun it off quickly (in a few seconds).

If there are no bubbles doing that, then the fuel supply system is probably ok.

Doing it when cranking is the test for a bad injector. It is BEST to use the starter solenoid wire to crank with as you described in the video. That method does not turn on the FICM or the glow plugs - all it does is rotate the engine.

If you do have bubbles (will be from the standpipe), it means you have at least one bad injector. More than likely, that bad injector will have damaged all injectors on that bank.

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Will using the starter solenoid wire, overfill the bowl? The videos I watched it didn't look like it was overfilling it.

·
Steel mill smoker
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Update. Starter solenoid bubble test, no bubbles. Key cycle I had bubbles from the banjo fitting closet to the oil filter housing on the back of the fuel bowl.

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you turned the truck key on to fill the bowl and had bubbles, your supply side has air in it. If you have the bowl full and do the crank test (key off) and get bubbles, that's the injectors.
To me it sounds like you have air coming from the pump.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts