Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, my brother has a 2006 van for his work truck with a 6.0. I knew the day would come and it happens to be today. He would like to do some light mods and get the van to pull a bit better. He is in HVAC and loaded down most of the time as well tows a trailer with evaporators and whatever it is he needs for his company.

I am thinking to tell him this:

1. Gauges, boost, pyro and trans
2. Larger intake, (what is good for a van?) I have a Tymar and don't think that will fit in there. I could retro my old afe stage I. Just a thought.
3. Four inch exhaust, (need help on what works in a van and what size downpipe?) What brand do you all like?
5. DP-Tuner tunes

That is it no more. What do you guys think? This is a work van. My brother is also a bit crazy and I don't want him running around with too much under his foot. :tree: He is scary at times. I will never let him drive my truck but he drools and wants a bit more power. I want to help him.

Thanks all.

Mike

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
I'd recommend Spartan tuning instead of DP tuner. It seems Jody's forte is the 7.3, and Matt at Spartan is just as good with the 6.0s as Jody is with the 7.3s.

·
Registered
167 Posts
A few years ago I checked into this because my friend had a little fleet of 6.0 vans, he chickened out because he started having alot of problems with them and they were in the dealer alot. if i remember correctly the van is only rated @ 220 hp so they start out behind the super dutys but what i was told at the time you could put a programer or SCT and be at the power levels of the super dutys, just a mild tune would probly run very good.
Roger

1 - 5 of 5 Posts