Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
StrokeItNow
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 06 Powerstroke for a steal, from a guy I know as he was going to trade it in for $1500. It has had 4 new injectors in 2011 and he was very wealthy so all of the maintinence was kept up with (I know he still only replaced 4 of the injectors lol). But anyways, I drove it to my house and it didn't run very good after it got warmed up. It drove and ran fine while it was cold but after it started heating up it wanted to stall. It also leaks oil, which I found out. The oil seems to be coming down and leaking all over the bellhousing from somewhere above it. I've been doing some research and it seems the STC fitting on top of the HPOP of this year truck was particularly junk. I figure since after it warms up, the oil thins out and it doesn't get enough pressure to run proficiently. I'm working in North Dakota and the truck is in Michigan but I was just wondering what anyone elses opinion might be on this problem? :doh:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sounds to me like you have it exactly right. Check for oil around ICP sensor if there is oil on it replace ICP sensor and pigtail.

·
Been there....... done it
183 Posts
:whs:

·
Registered
189 Posts
the leak could be turbo drain, hpop cover, oil cooler housing, and so and so forth, its alot of different things. as for as the rough running, it could be a slight hp oil leak but really you should get a scanner on it and determine its not anything else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts