Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have a 2006 F350 with the V10 in it and single real wheel not dually. Great truck and really enjoyed driving it until recently a tire blew out while I was on the highway and sent me doing barrel rolls across 3 lanes and into the ditch on the side of the road (landing right side up though).
I know this truck isn't a 6.0 but I figured this was the closest forum to go to with people who might be able to help.
I decided I liked the truck enough to look into getting it fixed and was able to get a frame shop to fix all the non cosmetic work. The bed on the truck is remarkably not damaged. I had a tubular steel ladder rack on it which really probably took the worst of the hit when I rolled the truck but I still got a crease in the passenger side A pillar that I don't know that I can fix.
I'm thinking now I might want to swap the cab.
My question is what cabs can I put on there?
So far I have figured out it can't be any newer than an 07, it can't be a diesel, and whether or not it is 4WD doesn't seem to really matter but thats all I'm pretty sure of right now.
Another 2004.5-2007 Cab would be easiest but I haven't found one yet that would really work.
Could I put a 1999-2004 cab on my 2006 chassis? What modifications would I have to make? I'd like to keep the interior out of my 2006 because its super clean and in really good condition.
Any help or input you all can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have a 2006 F350 with the V10 in it and single real wheel not dually. Great truck and really enjoyed driving it until recently a tire blew out while I was on the highway and sent me doing barrel rolls across 3 lanes and into the ditch on the side of the road (landing right side up though).
I know this truck isn't a 6.0 but I figured this was the closest forum to go to with people who might be able to help.
I decided I liked the truck enough to look into getting it fixed and was able to get a frame shop to fix all the non cosmetic work. The bed on the truck is remarkably not damaged. I had a tubular steel ladder rack on it which really probably took the worst of the hit when I rolled the truck but I still got a crease in the passenger side A pillar that I don't know that I can fix.
I'm thinking now I might want to swap the cab.
My question is what cabs can I put on there?
So far I have figured out it can't be any newer than an 07, it can't be a diesel, and whether or not it is 4WD doesn't seem to really matter but thats all I'm pretty sure of right now.
Another 2004.5-2007 Cab would be easiest but I haven't found one yet that would really work.
Could I put a 1999-2004 cab on my 2006 chassis? What modifications would I have to make? I'd like to keep the interior out of my 2006 because its super clean and in really good condition.
Any help or input you all can provide would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!
The frame changed in 05, so 99-04 cabs might not work, but idk for sure. I do believe 05-11 fit, not sure about going new than that, but it's possible. Ford didn't do a lot a frame changes after 05.

Sent from my Vivo XI PLUS using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts