Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can you buy the oem radio harness because my factory one got messed up so rather than splice it i wanna just buy a whole knew one

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
Yeah best buy or basically any radio dealer should have replacement harnesses

·
Registered
368 Posts
the factory radio harness is part of the entire dash harness.theres one on ebay now but i highly doubt you want to change it.

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
I believe hes just talkin about the harness that goes into the radio...not the whole shabang

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts
I think the whole shabang is all you can replace unless you splice a factory connector on

aftermarket sells adapters for radios but like Skippy stated the OEM is a connector that is on a pigtail that is is part of the wiring harness

·
That Guy
1,264 Posts
I understand what yall are sayin. I read it as the radio plug...but youre right if its the wiring going to the radio hes talkin about its the entire dash harness

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i need the radio harness. the stock oem harness that goes into the stock radio we made a big mistake and cut the stock plug so we spliced it back on but it looks bad and will turn on and off

·
Registered
368 Posts
You need to solder and heat shrink them.only way to fix it right.well besides replacing the whole harness lol.

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts
flux for plumbing is added via brush but electronics u should use flux core so it flows fine and is all inclusive to the solder

·
Administrator
32,998 Posts
lol thats funny i never heard anyone make that comment before

I wonder if your getting chity solder?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nah I've done tons of soldering.I just like the way it works with the brush on stuff.especialy when doing big battery lugs.try it next time you solder, I'm sure you'll like it after trying it.The flux needs to be on the copper first to get a good bite and it doesn't always work that way with the flux core.thats why you don't use it with plumbing, you'll never get a leak proof connection.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts