Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I Picked up new Recon Projector headlights for my 2006 F250 6.0L and I'm having a weird issue with the turn signal sockets. The shape of the turn signal socket is different on the new aftermarket headlights than the OEM headlights. Thinking these were maybe not the original sockets I went to O'Reilly's and had them pull sockets from a 2003, 2006, and 2008. The shape of the sockets were all the same, none of which would fit the new Aftermarket Recon headlights. I double checked the part number of the Recon headlights and I have the correct part number for my 2006.. Has anyone else had this issue? I could simply use a razor knife and cut out a little bit of the notch to make the socket fit but that would void the warrant.

RECON Part # 264193CLC – PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS – Ford Superduty 05-07 F250/F350/F450/F550 PROJECTOR HEADLIGHTS w/ Ultra High Power Smooth OLED HALOS & DRL – Clear / Chrome

New Projector Headlight / turn signal socket. Does not fit

OEM. The socket fits no problem

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I don't think this is a matter of having the wrong size/shape plug vs the hole. I think this is a manufacturing defect. For the a mount of money you paid, I wouldn't touch a thing. Call them and see what they advise. If these were cheaper, I'd say just trim that thing, but as expensive as those are I would want to keep the warranty intact as well.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Typical recon junk....

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

Reactions: lovesdunes

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you happen to figure out a solution to this. Just got a pair of Spyder headlights and I'm having the exact same issue with the turn signal socket. Debating trimming the socket to fit the headlight housing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Did you happen to figure out a solution to this. Just got a pair of Spyder headlights and I'm having the exact same issue with the turn signal socket. Debating trimming the socket to fit the headlight housing.
Dammit, I just had mine out the other day, but forgot about this..... I'm working on it tomorrow, I might have time to take a light out and look at what I did.... Trimming the socket sounds familiar though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently in the process of changing out all my exterior lights. I noticed today that the socket for the reverse bulb in the tail light is different than the one for the front blinker(even though they use the same bulb). The tabs on the tail light socket line up perfect on my Spyder headlight housing. But the socket for the front blinker is a three prong and the reverse light is a 2 prong, so you can't just swap it around. I ended up dremmeling the excess of the turn signal socket and it works just fine. Somebody at Recon and Spyder messed up IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.