Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im just wondering if the 2006 models are suppose to have a turbo whistle at idle or not? Only thing I have done is an egr..."upgrade"....

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It depends on the tune

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
My 05 has loud whistle with my innovative tune
No whistle with my TSD tune

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see...so...for an 03 swap...I literally just swap the turbo from truck to truck?
Also someone mentioned a powermaxx turbo one that was vgt and one that wasnt, which one do you get and why?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Get the vgt unless your planing on doing over a 600hp build it's what the truck comes with.
I have the 63.5 pmax I like it spools fast adds a little power I can send you a video of startup and whistle if you want

·
Banned
328 Posts
I see...so...for an 03 swap...I literally just swap the turbo from truck to truck?
Also someone mentioned a powermaxx turbo one that was vgt and one that wasnt, which one do you get and why?
To put a 03 turbo in a 06 u have to change the turbo pedestal (turbo sits on it)
Every were I go I get complament on how my truck sounds a like jet plane lol
Im not a turbo guy so if im wrong then so be it

Ive never heard of a non vgt powermax. There are non vgt turbos never heard of a non vgt powermax tho.
Adrian at mad turbo works made more power, flowed more air and turbo was more responsive then a powermax.

Hope this helped

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
To put a 03 turbo in a 06 u have to change the turbo pedestal (turbo sits on it)
Every were I go I get complament on how my truck sounds a like jet plane lol
Im not a turbo guy so if im wrong then so be it

Ive never heard of a non vgt powermax. There are non vgt turbos never heard of a non vgt powermax tho.
Adrian at mad turbo works made more power, flowed more air and turbo was more responsive then a powermax.

Hope this helped

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You absolutely do not have to swap pedistals. You just leave one bolt out

·
Registered
104 Posts
As mentioned above the tune makes a major difference in idle sound. Either way could be normal. I believe it's VGT program related. My IDP tune does not whistle much if at all at idle and typically shows 44 VGT idling. With the BRP or canned tunes the VGT will read 70+ at idle and it will whistle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts