Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm new to the nation and I hope someone has an answer for me my truck is a 2006 crew cab 6.0 auto with a 6 inch lift truck was running an driving great I parked it last week an got it started up today to move it closer to the shop so I didn't have 100 feet of cord strung out ( I live in Saskatchewan Canada) where it's minus 30 degrees Celsius and I got the truck started and went to put it in drive and nothing no drive no reverse can anyone Shed some light on this ? Is it electrical or did my Trans just commit suicide for no reason and the Trans was shifting an acting fine the week prior to today please help !!!! I need my truck

·
Banned
328 Posts
Hi I'm new to the nation and I hope someone has an answer for me my truck is a 2006 crew cab 6.0 auto with a 6 inch lift truck was running an driving great I parked it last week an got it started up today to move it closer to the shop so I didn't have 100 feet of cord strung out ( I live in Saskatchewan Canada) where it's minus 30 degrees Celsius and I got the truck started and went to put it in drive and nothing no drive no reverse can anyone Shed some light on this ? Is it electrical or did my Trans just commit suicide for no reason and the Trans was shifting an acting fine the week prior to today please help !!!! I need my truck
Soo it never went into drive or reverse?
Check ur fluid?
Do you have a way to check codes?
Make shure ur shift linkage didnt pop off

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked the shift linkage an it moves freely , fluid is up an bright red still .... Had buddy's sct live wire and it threw no Trans codes only my glow plug
Codes ....truck was parked because a few glow plugs an the harnesses are shot

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
The livewire may not pick up some transmission codes. Your best bet is to find someone with AutoEnginuity or Ford's IDS to read the codes.
Is your tow/haul light flashing?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope no tow light flashing like I said I parked it an it was running an driving fine then a week later this problem

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Odd. How is it now?

Sent from my Smart Car

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I figured it out I feel really foolish an all I found out the truck I own was in some water last year an the Trans took some on old owner fessed up and explained whole story an said he "flushed" Trans with 60 liters of ATF I call bull I think he drain it refilled drove and maybe drained an refilled one more time its been really cold here for 2 weeks now -35C. And it gelled the Trans fluid and stopped the flow got mad yesterday and dragged the truck into the shop with the help of a friend and his 7.3 and let it thaw out over night and drain filled it up with some fresh fluid an hey Trans works fine again perfect actually so I booked it in at my local ford dealer for a proper flush of the Trans I'm also going ahead an changing every possible filter an fluid in the truck I hope there's now more damage but I got the truck cheap enough an have enough spare parts ill be ok ... Anyway appreciate the help I did receive thanks !!!!!!

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the update. I never would have guessed.
Glad it worked out.

Sent from my Smart Car

1 - 9 of 9 Posts