Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, new to the forum here.

I bought a 2006 6.0 back in October 2019. Since I've had it, it's had a no start issue 3 times. It'll crank, but won't turn over. It's left me stranded 2 out of the 3 times and I've had to replace the batteries once. I can't figure it out. The guy that owned it before me said that he had the same problem way back when he first bought it and had to replace the camshaft position sensors. I know that it's something electronic because after leaving it alone for 10-15 minutes and letting it charge it'll fire right up like nothing was ever wrong with it, and if the position sensors are fairly new and it's still doing it it can't be those I'd imagine but I don't know. I'm in no way shape or form a mechanic, my field is electrical construction not vehicles lol. But, it's not giving me any codes. I've checked the connectors where I can see them and they all appear to be in decent condition. Just not sure where to look or what to do to get it fixed so I don't end up stranded somewhere hours away from the house.

Also, since I've had this issue I've been looking a lot into getting some parts for a moderate power gain. The truck is almost completely stock, it's never been chipped, it is studded, and it has an aftermarket turbo downpipe I think is what the previous owner showed me the receipts for. I'm not looking to daily drive a race truck, but it'd be cool to put some camaro's and chargers in the smoke off the stop light occasionally. Ideally I'd like it to sit around 500-600rwhp. But I don't know diesels and what to buy to get that kind of power. If any of ya'll could point me in the right direction with the power mods and how to make it stop not starting on me once in awhile, I'd greatly appreciate the advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts