Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a 2006 f450 with 6.0 and i noticed today a few wet oil spots under it and after looking around in the parking lot at where i usually park its been leaking for a while.it is dropping from the bell housing and the starter is covered in oil, also i popped the hood and there was a large amount of oil on the bottom side of the hood and alot down on the valley of the engine. i took pictures so hopefully some one will be able to help me out. thanks alot in advance

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just checked the hose and it appeared to be good but what i did find is on the dip stick the part that slides down over the dipstick tube is broken off and basically the handle is sitting right on top of the tube. could oil make its way all the way up the tube and spray out the top? in the pic you can see the part thats broken off its slid down the tube a little way

·
Registered
176 Posts
Run it and check the oil cap or the oil filter houing .. seen both of them crack before ... Best thing to do is spray it off and drive it and see where it comes from

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I agree with the bad exhaust leak and I also think it may be the oil filter cap/housing leaking. Follow the oil towards the front of the vehicle and to the highest point.

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
Easiest way to find an oik leak like that is to soak the engine in degreaser for about 15 minutes, rinse with a hose. Let the truck idle until you find where its leaking from. I did one the other day. I started the truck and went a did something else for about 20 mins. After returning i found the leak immediately. The glow plug connector had come unseated.

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
Also, regarding your exhaust leak. If jts leaking on the pass side, inner fenderwell removal makes life a lot easier to service that side of the engine.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts