Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello Need help
I have a 2006 6.0 f250 that cranks but no start. truck is studded and deleted with 140,000miles. I have shut the truck off one day for about an hour and came back out to start it and wont start. Hooked the scanner up to it and only had 5psi high pressure oil. after some diagnostic and leak checks, turns out the HPOP was bad. replaced the HPOP, and put the truck back together and still wont start. everything is working according to the scanner and no codes.1200-1600psi of high pressure oil. A little tiny bit of black smoke out of the exhaust Cranks at 600rpm and almost wants to starts but wont. did an injector buzz test and passed. got 47.5volts on the FICM, got FICM sync 1, no bent pins and ground wire is on. IPR, key on is 14.5 and cranking is 30-60 and IPC, key on .8 and cranking is 1.5. spent days already chasing wires looking for bent cut or bad wires cant find any checked all the fuses inside and under the hood. got 59psi out of the fuel bowl also no bubbles. also put in a new Crankshaft position sensor. new fuel and oil filters where put in about 200 mile before. and after the truck broke down. I'm thinking it is the PCM but I'm not to sure any idea?

·
CAT lover
593 Posts
When you did the buzz test did you hear all of the injectors fire? When my injectors were junk (7 out of 8) it "passed" the buzz test on FORScan but I didn't hear the injectors firing. Never having owned a 6.0 before I also didn't know when you put the key to "on" the injectors chatter before turning to start. I bought the truck in No-start condition so I didn't know anything about the 6.0 haha! Figured out the injectors were junk and bought new OEM and installed.
Check the connections on the FICM, make sure they are seated properly! I winched mine down on there with zip ties after installing the FICM because my tabs were broken on 2/3 of the plugs.

Good luck!

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Icp koeo should be around 0.25v so something is wrong there. Try unplugging it and starting. Also there is no way the starter can turn the engine at 600 rpm so that data is incorrect too

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
correction the ICP checked .24 and the high rpm is because it want to almost start. the HPOP is good (1400 to 2400 psi) the IPR is good the Ficm is good voltage the fuel injection does the pulse test was good the sync was good, fuel pressure good pump runs and cut off after pressure, the fuel bowl checked with no bubbles. Not sure what else it could be. Can the ficm be bad even though it has 47.5 volts. I did unplug the Icp and it has a new one.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
ICP of .24 volts does not correlate to 1400-2400 psig.

.24 volts is essentially the "zero" pressure voltage. It would appear that the 1400-2400 psig are default values.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
Many scanners are poor code readers, so you might get a clue by scanning it w/ a quality code reader. The exception to that is the smart phone app - ForScan. It is a pretty good code reader.

To answer your question, a FICM can be bad even with good voltage, and even if it buzzes the injectors. The logic board can be bad.

Do you have cam/crank sync AND also FICM sync?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
help, no start, new Hpop, ipr, IPC sensor, FICM, and crank position sensor, all check good and no codes
. It want to start but will not.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
What are your cranking rpms?

Open up the secondary fuel filter and empty the bowl. See how quickly it fills w/ the key on.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cranking rpms is about 200 rpm to 400 rpm when trying to start. Did open the fuel filter and it filled quickly, also prime the lines at the head on both sides.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
help, no start, new Hpop, ipr, IPC sensor, FICM, and crank position sensor, all check good and no codes
. It want to start but will not.
Please confirm what is new. Is it just the HPOP or did you install a new IPR and ICP, and also a new FICM?

Also, what are you using to check for codes?

Please post the Vreference voltage reading when cranking.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the Hpop is new, the IPR is new the ICP is new, the FICM is new, a new Crankcase position sensor. Using a ScanGauge II for codes and reading.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Also new block off plugs, and new slip fitting on the back of the Hpop. The ICP is showing 1400 to 1600 PSI from the Hpop now on the ScanGage II.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
Get a good code reader (see post #7). The ScangaugeII is not a good code reader. Hopefully you actually do have codes.

Would still like to see vreference voltage.

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
Get a good code reader (see post #7). The ScangaugeII is not a good code reader. Hopefully you actually do have codes.

Would still like to see vreference voltage.
fyi (maybe this is why there wasn't a vref posting response)

VREF
TXD: 07E0221155
RXF: 046245110655
RXD: 3010
MTH: 006433330000
NAM: CVI

Now I am also kind of wondering if the installed parts were OEM or aftermarket (especially the CKP)

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,070 Posts
So to summarize (since I see you have logged on a few times in the past few days, but no new posts):

Your 2006 has a new HPOP, new dummy plugs, new ICP, new IPR, new CKP, new fuel and oil filters, and the STC fitting has been replaced. No confirmation post on parts being OEM or aftermarket.

Cranking is over 200 rpm (I don't see 400 rpm cranking as a likely cranking speed, and as Matthewd11 posted 600 certainly isn't), fuel pressure is good, the filter bowl fills and no bubbles in the fuel. ICP pressure reading is good at 1400 to 1600 when cranking (hopefully that ICP data is with it plugged in and not when it is unplugged). Several ICP voltages have been posted, but they haven't exactly correlated w/ the pressure reading.

Scangauge shows FICM sync.

No update on what the PCM generated reference voltage is doing.

You suspect it is a PCM issue (not sure what that is based on though), but there are no codes from the Scangauge (which isn't unusual since the scangauge doesn't read codes well).

Plans?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am new to this forum and I have a no start issue. I have a 2006 ford powerstroke for which I had a hard start last year and changed the standpipe and it worked like a charm.
After few thousand miles, it sendly died while driving and would not start again. I run a scantool test and the FCIM voltage is good, the ICP voltage good, IPR goes to 84%, but no high pressure and the ICP read ZERO. Engine oil pressure is good.
I removed the ICP and put a pressure guage and it reads ZERO psi! I also run a air pressure test and there seems to be no leak at over 100 psi air pressure. My conclusion is my HPOP is completely bust. What could cause such a massive failure of the HPOP? Could it a be a gear or shaft failure? and if so shouldn't I hear some grinding noise?
Please note that it cranks perfectly normal and I don't hear any abnormal noise using a stethoscope to listem!
Thanks for your help

1 - 20 of 26 Posts