Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, one of my fords came down with a weird transmission issue. Driving along and this thing just stopped moving like it hit neutral. No warning, no over heating, nothing. Did a line pressure test at idle and numbers are showing 70lbs at park, 320 in reverse and 210 in all other gears. all at idle. This is a f350 dually 4x4 with, yes a 5.4 gas motor. OK, its the one truck I didn't get with a powerstroke. But wondered if anyone could have a clue to what would cause this. No codes set in transmission. Never seen high pressures like that on these at an idle.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,060 Posts
When in park will the truck roll, or does park hold? If it rolls, the transfer case failed. If park holds, the transmission failed.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just checked, truck holds solid so transfer case is good. Got a code for a P0751 shift solenoid a stuck off.

·
Former Ford Trans Engr.
3,060 Posts
That code is for the coast clutch solenoid. It is not your problem. When the trans is rebuilt that solenoid can be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, I figured a rebuild was the way to go. I didn't see anyway a solenoid would make it have that kind of high Pressure and no movement!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts