Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am wanting to do the 2005 headlights on my 99 which pigtails will i need for them? iirc 9006?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

·
Registered
304 Posts
im doing the same this upcoming week, ordering these up aswell!

anyways, has anyone used a plasma cutter to trim the headerpanel? I might give it a try but wondering if it might be a bad idea?

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we just used a die grinder with a cut off wheel on it. It was slicker than chit, only took like 5 mins.

·
Registered
304 Posts
how much did you have to cut out, anyone have a good template or image?

·
Lovin the Tuna
8,353 Posts
The part you have to cut for the headlights to fit is fiberglass. I believe truck toyz has a write up on it...

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
im doing the same this upcoming week, ordering these up aswell!

anyways, has anyone used a plasma cutter to trim the headerpanel? I might give it a try but wondering if it might be a bad idea?
The headerpanel is fiberglass a plasma won't work. I used a dremel and a bit thats just for fiberglass/composite material and I was done in about an 1 1/2 hours. And I got the harness from GOS Performance.

·
Peon
727 Posts
...I used a dremel and a bit thats just for fiberglass/composite material and I was done in about an 1 1/2 hours. And I got the harness from GOS Performance.
Same here--I destroyed my Dremel in the process (it was on it's last legs anyway) but that 5-pack of Rotozip-branded spiral up-cutting bits I got was worth every single penny. I used all 5 of 'em, so as to not force it and damage stuff trying to use a dull bit, but they worked awesome.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Anyone uprgading to '05 up headlights should be aware that they use:

The H13 is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended.

The best headlight housings are the '02-04 and the addition of a USA made 12ga harness and a set of Hella 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.

Cary

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone uprgading to '05 up headlights should be aware that they use:

The H13 is quite possibly the stupidest design for a bulb ever foisted on the public. The terminals are so small that they overheat, even at stock wattages, and melt the plastic housing of the connectors. Higher than stock wattage bulbs are offered, but not recommended.

The best headlight housings are the '02-04 and the addition of a USA made 12ga harness and a set of Hella 80/100w 4k kelvin bulbs will give you fantastic lighting.

You can also do a fog bulb upgrade..75% as bright as Hids and mod the switch to use them with your high beams.

Cary
you have any part numbers for these 2? Where do i find them?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
PM sent...I carry them.

·
throttle jockey by trade
297 Posts
This is the piece I cut out, with a cut off wheel very easy, kinda dusty though.

000_0034.JPG

·
P.F.F.
177 Posts
Im doing the conversion right now also. My question is, the 07 lights that I bought came with all the pig tails on the lights just cut 2 inches back. If i cut my pigtails and splice them to the ones on the lights i bought will this work as well as the conversion harnesses available by some of the sponsors? If i do splice into the used ones supplied is there anything else i need, different lights, etc.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts