Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Im in the process of converting to the 2005 front. I have the grill and headlights, just need the bumper.

My question is, does the 2005 header panel bolt right up in my 1999? I would rather do that instead of cutting my header panel.

Also, do I need the 2005 bumper brackets too?

Thanks

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
Header panel will bolt right up.

I don't know about the bumper brackets. I would guess you would.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, header panels are not that expensive new, so thats good.

·
I like Diesel.
2 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you, as far as swapping front ends. I'm making my own headlights, and have already installed the grill and bumper. I directly swapped the 05 bumper on I didn't mess with changing the mounted or anything, but I imagine it would work either way.

Sent from my Gigaset QV830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have my grill on, but need to still install the lights then find a bumper. At this point Ill just cut my header panel and put that money towards a bumper and paint.

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
Header panels can be bought new for $50-75. ,y buddy just did the swap on his 99...found a panel somewhere online for $55. It's worth that to not fool with cutting and all that mess.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats what Ive been told my buddies that have done the convertion. Ive heard its quicker to do the panel, is that true?

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
It has to be quicker than cutting/fitting. A header panel is less than 10 bolts I think...remove bolts, old off, new on, bolts back in. That way your newer style lights will just bolt right up to the new panel.

Basically just depends on your time available, if you like fooling with alterations vs just swapping parts, etc.

·
Administrator
8,278 Posts
You need the correct header panel or the bottom of the grill won't snap in. Because your doing the full conversion you need the header panel.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes, you need the bumper brackets as they are different from the 99-04 brackets. If I remember correctly, the outer "vertical" brackets are different as well. I had a set of the outer ones laying around, so I just used them, didn't compare them to the early style.

benny

Hi guys,

Im in the process of converting to the 2005 front. I have the grill and headlights, just need the bumper.

My question is, does the 2005 header panel bolt right up in my 1999? I would rather do that instead of cutting my header panel.

Also, do I need the 2005 bumper brackets too?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, you need the bumper brackets as they are different from the 99-04 brackets. If I remember correctly, the outer "vertical" brackets are different as well. I had a set of the outer ones laying around, so I just used them, didn't compare them to the early style.

benny
Thanks, this is exactly what I need to know. Helps me figure the total cost for the bumper too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You need the correct header panel or the bottom of the grill won't snap in. Because your doing the full conversion you need the header panel.
I currently have the 05 grill on, I know, I have zip ties on it. :laugh:

At least the top screws match up.:grin:

·
Big dumb redneck
4,200 Posts
LOL...zip ties and duck tape can make anything work.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts