Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s up everyone. I finally had to join the group cuz something I saw today doesn’t make sense to me and I need answers. Haha. There’s a whole story about the project I’m doing and I’m just going to cut to the chase. I’m working on a 2005 6.0 that I installed in a 2006 f350. The 05 engine was already studded with arp’s using factory blue hg’s and Before i installed the engine back into the 06 I installed a new oil cooler and bulletproof diesel h-core egr cooler. The bed plate is leaking And I couldnt tell before because the oil cooler cover was leaking and the engine was completely covered on oil. So after cleaning everything and finding loose cover bolts I changed hpop gaskets and oil cooler assembly and reinstalled engine, drove the truck for maybe 50 miles over a couple weeks and I now notice I have a few drops of oil on the ground from the bed plate. so I pulled the engine and this is what I don’t understand.
When I pulled the ypipe which is completely 100% dry the hot side of the brand new bpd egr cooler has a puddle of water in it. The intake, intake side of egr cooler and egr valve are dry. Can someone that knows more than me please explain why and how this is possible. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I pulled egr cooler and pressure tested it with leak down gauge at 40psi and no air drop at all. Bolted cooler to intake manifold and tested Coolant side again for possible internal intake cracks and zero psi drop. I know it’s obviously head gaskets but I can’t wrap my head around the puddle of water on the hot side of egr cooler and no signs of water anywhere else. Someone please try to explain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts