Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP 2005 F450 6.0 no start!! I've been a nation reader for some time, first time posting. Replaced turbo back in April. Truck was running great. Truck sat until July. Truck fired right up , ran great several days of all day use. Next day truck would repeatedly start and die. Had to feather accelerator to keep it running, no problem above 1000 RPM; below 1000, like shutting key off. Now attempt to start and starts normally for a split second and dies. Attempts to run but rarely will by feathering accelerator. All pid values seem to be in order. We have ck/cmp sync,ficm/PCM sync, pass injector buzz, all ficm volts good,55 psi fuel, 1.5 seconds crank yield 1800 psi high pressure icp hole, does not bleed down. Plenty cranking rpm. No obvious causes for no start. No codes except ck/cmp due to start/die cycles. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I did figure this out .... Attention plow guys!.... Due to constant salt/moisture produced from snow plowing, the engine becomes very rusty. Enough rust around the cam sensor mounting area actually caused the cam sensor to become unseated! Just enough to cause a "weak signal" and the starting issue I was experiencing. A lesson that won't be forgotten. I spent many hours pulling my hair out.... Had to share.

·
Registered
51 Posts
That's great you found the issue. Cool that you followed up. A lot of these threads just disappear into the bit bucket with no resolution.

Regards,

Jim.

Sent from my ADR6300 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
First 6.7 PS Destroyer
270 Posts
:welcome::psn:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts