Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on why my truck is blowing a white smoke? I bought the truck at an auction and drove it home with no problems what so ever..Bought a afe stage 2 and magnaflow turbo back exhaust with cat delete and a egr delete block off kit and installed all. as soon as I started up truck after the work was done it started blowing white smoke. also looks like oil might be in exhaust system. I phoned a diesel tech place here and the said head gasket right away or possible egr cooler, called ford and they said it could be an injector, head gasket, fuel quality/water seperator, hpop. so i am a litte confused. seems a common thing with 6.0L. Is there ways to eliminate certain causes so I dont have to go to dealership and they keep replacing things till they get it right. If I can I will fix it myself.. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Are you loosing coolant?

Is the truck running rough?

Is it overheating?

You completely deleted the EGR cooler?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought i was losing coolant as it was low but have basically parked it after i came home and have not used it since, didnt notice it overheating, and i did the block off kit for the egr, but didnt do the up pipe scoop removal . could that be the problem?seems to run ok, might idle a little high but thats about it, thanks again ahead for any help,

·
Word
608 Posts
When you deleted the EGR did you get coolant down in your intake holes ? might just have residual oil/coolant that got into your intake track that needs to burn out....or check your turbo o-rings.....if you removed it for the EGR delete...If you're seeing oil in your exhaust I would bet on turbo o-ring or drain back tube...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts