Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... I just bought my first diesel tuck 2 days ago I have a 2005 f250 super duty and when I bought it the heater didn't work but would blow air like it should and change vents properly... It has the automatic climate control system and I took out the module and moved the display from hot to cold and it didn't move so I checked the volts on the plug everything checked out and then I noticed the module part number was for a truck with Manual climate control... So the part would not work anyway... The truck has 164,000 miles on her but drives really tight like a new truck... I KNOW the head gaskets are not bad I have absolutely NO PUKING of coolant or any other signs of head gaskets... Then I was heading home and turned the heat up and put it on the floor and it blew "warm" but I had also been driving the truck for a while so I figured it was just from firewall heat and heater core heat... Keep in mind the new module is not installed I had to order it... Any input would be appreciated... Love the truck... I use to be anti 6.0 till I drove this one...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I know it sounds odd but I've read that a bad thermostat can cause heater issues. It will cost you about 50 bucks to try it anyway.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here's the funny part... I took out the regulator module and left it out since it was the wrong part to begin with... And I don't know if it was just holding the door shut cause now at blowing "warm" air out all vents... Not hot like a diesel usually puts out but warm enough not to freeze...

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The coolant system on 6.0 is wacky, I suggest you pull the egr valve and check for moisture in the intake, clean the egr valve while it's out. Buy a coolant filter system and completely flush the the motor out replace the thermostat it comes with a new housing. Replace the coolant with elc coolant I use fleet charge from oreilys. It might not fix your problem but the truck needs this mod anyway it's important to the life of your truck! The coolant cokes up and block passages in the engine I feel like this will solve your heater problem ( not a guarantee but you need it anyway)

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
There is a vacuum line connected to it good ideal

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts