Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone swapped a manual tranny into the 6.0 psd that have the torqshift? I. Want to bad and need some info thanks!

·
Registered
410 Posts
what info do you need? It's very simple. The biggest thing is either a-changing the hump in the floor, or b-using a bfh.

Other than that, get a manual pcm, manual trans wiring harness, pedals, and all the related components. Depending on the exhaust you have it may not fit with the manual.

·
Registered
346 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
They are not that much different. If you look at your truck there are studs to mount the clutch. Its the same concept as swapping it out in a 7.3

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know I am. And I have thought about that. But I love doing something different with my truck and I love my truck it took me forever to find one I wanted and the only thing I couldn't find that I wanted is a manual. Besides no one wants a used 6.0l with 140000 miles so I might as well keep her and play with it

·
Registered
410 Posts
Yes, you can use the rear plate from the manual truck on yours. Don't listen to the people that tell you you're better off getting another truck-you know your truck, you're probably attached to it. Given the 6.0's lack of tolerance to poor maintenance, why gamble that the truck you buy is going to last? The 6.0 conversion is VERY easy. Just get the trans harness/pcm out of a manual trans truck, as well as the floor pan. Other than that, it's all a bolt in ordeal. I've done a few, PM me if you have any questions.

You'll need:
flywheel
clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing/pilot bearing/trans mount
crossmember
rear engine adapter/plate
floor pan (or a big hammer)
pedal assembly (clutch and brake, accelerator is the same)
complete trans harness/manual trans PCM (or a reflash, but it's easier this way)
driveshaft
shifter/shifter boot

Keep in mind many aftermarket exhausts don't fit the manual trucks without some massaging.

and the hardest part, the transfer case has a different spline pattern. You can use the auto transfer case, but you have to change the input shaft. Easiest to get a manual trans transfer case. Disregard this if you have a 2wd truck.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Better question. Why would you do this to begin with?

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I have a complete truck that I would sell you with everything you should need to do the swap. Its 04 cc/sb with a 6sp I would let you have it probably as cheap as you can buy just the components from a junk yard. Pm if interested.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, you can use the rear plate from the manual truck on yours. Don't listen to the people that tell you you're better off getting another truck-you know your truck, you're probably attached to it. Given the 6.0's lack of tolerance to poor maintenance, why gamble that the truck you buy is going to last? The 6.0 conversion is VERY easy. Just get the trans harness/pcm out of a manual trans truck, as well as the floor pan. Other than that, it's all a bolt in ordeal. I've done a few, PM me if you have any questions.

You'll need:
flywheel
clutch/pressure plate/throwout bearing/pilot bearing/trans mount
crossmember
rear engine adapter/plate
floor pan (or a big hammer)
pedal assembly (clutch and brake, accelerator is the same)
complete trans harness/manual trans PCM (or a reflash, but it's easier this way)
driveshaft
shifter/shifter boot

Keep in mind many aftermarket exhausts don't fit the manual trucks without some massaging.

and the hardest part, the transfer case has a different spline pattern. You can use the auto transfer case, but you have to change the input shaft. Easiest to get a manual trans transfer case. Disregard this if you have a 2wd truck.
it seems you've got an extensive knowledge on the subject, what would be necessary to do the opposite? Zf6 to 5r110. Yes I know, very uncommon but for more practical for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts