Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked her up and coming from a 7.3 i'm not sure.

Is she deleted, studs?

See pictures of EGR valve - dry as a nun.

Other stuff to check?

Thank you!!

Attachments

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
welcome to the forum! in pic number 2 in the first post, that looks like a square style egr cooler tube to me. not to say it hasn't been welded shut though. you've got soot on the egr valve and in the intake mani, so i'm guessing its stil operational as well. though it is a lot cleaner than mine was when i pulled it lol

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
on the headstuds, i cant make out the pics well enough to see, but the lower ones on each head will be visible. especially the front lowers. if its a big-ass bolt head, its the stock TTY bolts, if its a stud with a nut on it then its probably a stud kit!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you everyone for the feedback and information!

I found a local guy to do the oil cooler upgrade, egr delete/complete, and intake gasket set for $1,000 - parts and labor!

I'm assuming this is a good deal?

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
What do you mean by oil cooler upgrade? There is a BPD oil cooler (which is like $2000 just for the kit alone, so I doubt it's that), there is the OEM cooler, there is the OEM with wider coolant passages, and aftermarket coolers (like Dorman) which are crud. Having said that, I can only assume you mean the wider passage cooler. If so, it's really not necessary, and can actually wind up increasing oil temps. Stay away from aftermarket. Regular OEM is fine. However, unless you are having problems with high oil temps, there's no need to change it out.

As for whether it is a good price.....depends on the parts he uses. I could spend anywhere from $400 to $800 on parts alone for that job, depending on what I got. If he's going to be in the $400 range for parts, then no, that's not a good price. I also advocate for anyone who has the ability to do their own work. You come out way cheaper, you know what is in your rig, and you know it got done the way you wanted it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The recent oil cooler. I believe 2011 and up has a higher flow and less clogging issues.

No I don't have any issues with my rig. NONE. Coolant temps and fine, oil temps, boost, start ups... Nada

But I don't want issues. All 6.0s seem to run great until they.. just don't.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts