Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have an 04 f250 bought not running he said just shut down on freeway no noise nothing , took to shop he thought hpop but said there was very small like glitter size metal in oil filter needs new motor , i took it home not sure it really needs new motor -i checked my self the fragments are extremely small only if you rub fingers together you can feel them, it will turn over allday long but not start any ideas what i should check i am mechanically inclined but dont want to rip it all apart if it might be something that does not concern the block thanks

·
Registered
2006 F250, 6.0 powerstroke
41 Posts
have an 04 f250 bought not running he said just shut down on freeway no noise nothing , took to shop he thought hpop but said there was very small like glitter size metal in oil filter needs new motor , i took it home not sure it really needs new motor -i checked my self the fragments are extremely small only if you rub fingers together you can feel them, it will turn over allday long but not start any ideas what i should check i am mechanically inclined but dont want to rip it all apart if it might be something that does not concern the block thanks
Check out on the 6.0 tech buying a power stroke what to look for and troubleshooting a no start by bismic1 read carefully then come back with what you have for questions.
Don’t throw parts at it without proper troubleshooting, it cost way to much. That said, metal in the oil filter is not a good thing but it still maybe salvageable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Check out on the 6.0 tech buying a power stroke what to look for and troubleshooting a no start by bismic1 read carefully then come back with what you have for questions.
Don’t throw parts at it without proper troubleshooting, it cost way to much. That said, metal in the oil filter is not a good thing but it still maybe salvageable.
thank you i was just looking at oil filter and on the outer part of the filter the plastic top of it there is powder size cooper fragments just noticed that thanks though , if its shot ill just throw it up for sale nice harley f250 with lift sad to see

·
Registered
887 Posts
First thing is get a proper code reader, which consists of a Bluetooth adapter and a app for your phone, adapter runs $20 and the app is forscan for free or torque pro.

If you get it running one thing I might do is take it to a Ford dealer and have them pull codes and run a compression test (computer one) and cyl contribution test, see how much they charge before though.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Does it have base oil pressure? The metal is not a good sign. Pull the LPOP regulator and see what you find.

·
Registered
2006 F250, 6.0 powerstroke
41 Posts
thank you i was just looking at oil filter and on the outer part of the filter the plastic top of it there is powder size cooper fragments just noticed that thanks though , if its shot ill just throw it up for sale nice harley f250 with lift sad to see
Copper? Maybe the turbo bearing, pull the intake and see if you can spin the turbo by hand. If you cannot, you may be in luck....in that the turbo is shot and not the entire engine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts