Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I be a newbie here and tired of banging my head into the wall. I have an issue ONLY when the engine is initially started, sometimes it will stall out. Before it does this, it soulds like the timing jumps and the engine hits against itself. I can restart it and it is a 50/50 shot if it will stay running. Once the vehicle is in gear and warmed up, I have no issues. There are no codes in the ECU.

The engine has done this for 1 year sparatically, no rhyme or reason. Took it to Ford, they told me to replace the ICP sensor and the FICM, so I did. Same issue, no difference, just a lot of wasted money.

Added Banks Monster dual exhaust, same issue. Changed both fuel filters, same issue (there is no water in the fuel). Added AFE intake, same issue. Bought an SCT Tuner and changed the program in the ECU, same issue. No matter what tune I put in, the cold idle issue still remains.

Any other ideas out there?

·
Certified Engine Destroye
533 Posts
Best way to figure it out is to get a scanner on it. We can guess at what it could be and waste your money or you could pull some numbers and see what the engine is doing. Get yourself an AE scantool.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts