Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so just had the turbo veins cleaned, egr valve checked, replaced fuel pump and filters. two weeks later truck was having hard time starting and battery died boosted it and worked fine next day truck seemed to be running at lower rpm and sounded quieter, ran great but kept dying in park. in gear was good. next day needed jump again and now dies every time I put it in gear, it wont run in park unless I apply accelerator, take it off and it dies put it in gear and it dies. vip tested the battery and says good. any ideas? I can floor the pedal and seems to be lack of response and power

·
Registered
6 Posts
so just had the turbo veins cleaned, egr valve checked, replaced fuel pump and filters. two weeks later truck was having hard time starting and battery died boosted it and worked fine next day truck seemed to be running at lower rpm and sounded quieter, ran great but kept dying in park. in gear was good. next day needed jump again and now dies every time I put it in gear, it wont run in park unless I apply accelerator, take it off and it dies put it in gear and it dies. vip tested the battery and says good. any ideas? I can floor the pedal and seems to be lack of response and power
I've had batteries that they say tested goodand they were out of the truck. I got new batteries anyway and it was night and day difference to how the truck started. Maybe you should look into your alternator.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Sounds like a high pressure oil leak that started small and is now getting larger. You might consider an air check on the HPO system. Your HPOP could have gone.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced batteries, no help. It does seem to get better once it warms up but issues is still there, code scan said crankshaft position sensor. regardless I took to the dealer and they will look at it Monday. Ill post the verdict.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts