Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6.0beau
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw that some guys are running 2003 turbos on the 2006. what is the difference in the turbos?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
The 03 Turbo has a distinct Whistle out of all the turbo's. Its a little lagger then an 06 but alot of folks love the sound.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
The whistle gets old fast....especially in the winter months when you start the truck, and let it warm up for 20 minutes on high idle...with a straight piped exhaust...it's rediculous.:doh:

But I LOVE the way my non-vgt turbo from Trusted Performance sounds!!
Just like a big block chevy...deep rumble...no whistle.:D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
The whistle gets old fast....especially in the winter months when you start the truck, and let it warm up for 20 minutes on high idle...with a straight piped exhaust...it's rediculous.:doh:

But I LOVE the way my non-vgt turbo from Trusted Performance sounds!!
Just like a big block chevy...deep rumble...no whistle.:D
What turbo do you have? S300 configuration of some sort?

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Just a louder whistle, not worth it IMO

·
I bleed blue!
334 Posts
I have a 03 turbo on mine buts only because my stock turbo $hit the bed and the dealer didn't have a 06 turbo but they did have a 03 so they just put it on. Didn't really notice any difference in power just the whistle.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I have a 03 turbo on mine buts only because my stock turbo the bed and the dealer didn't have a 06 turbo but they did have a 03 so they just put it on. Didn't really notice any difference in power just the whistle.
They must have changed your pedistal as well, cuz they are different.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts