Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 7.3l dually has a 129k on it I want to tow a 3 Car goose neck and want to upgrade the motor and components to make the ride better on long hauls I’m up grading the suspension to airbags self leveling and want to upgrade the motor components and exhaust for performance and reliability any thoughts would be great of what is the best parts and maybe sites to order from



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
That is one damn long sentence there buddy lol.

If just for towing then I don’t see any reason why you would need to upgrade the injectors just get a nice tuner say hydra or ts 6 position delete the pedestal delete AIH get a wicked wheel 2 to clean up the low/top end torque and prevent surge upgrade the transmission cooler and last upgrade 4” SS Exhaust you should be set


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
​ DieselDC;5864945 said:
That is one damn long sentence there buddy lol.

If just for towing then I don’t see any reason why you would need to upgrade the injectors just get a nice tuner say hydra or ts 6 position delete the pedestal delete AIH get a wicked wheel 2 to clean up the low/top end torque and prevent surge upgrade the transmission cooler and last upgrade 4” SS Exhaust you should be set


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Haha that’s how I like me sentences long a drawn out

Yea I was thinking either the hydra or edge tuner


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Lol. The edge tuner such as the cts2 pro I think -has hydra built in and you can get tunes from hydra. Visit swamps or cncfab and they should be able to hook you up with that and some more items.

I went with hydra and use the cts2 for monitoring (kinda). I use my mechanical gauges more. The cts2 is mainly for pulling codes - kinda slow though haha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
​ DieselDC;5865409 said:
Lol. The edge tuner such as the cts2 pro I think -has hydra built in and you can get tunes from hydra. Visit swamps or cncfab and they should be able to hook you up with that and some more items.

I went with hydra and use the cts2 for monitoring (kinda). I use my mechanical gauges more. The cts2 is mainly for pulling codes - kinda slow though haha.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yea that sounds like a good route to go I’ll see what I look into with the tuner and see how it all looks, installing the air bag system now all 4 corners and 5th wheel with airbags as well should be a smooth ride


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Good let us know what you chose and take pics:)

Air bags are expensive and I’m too cheap. So I drive with the rough 19.5 G tires lol. It’s smooth when I’m on pavement but dammit I hate driving through neighborhoods with chit tons of speed bumps - air bags would been nice then haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Wait I do have airbags on the rears but I just never use it b/c I have to manually air them up - see how cheap I am?!!! All it needs is an air compressor but that costs some mo way to setup. By all this time, I think my bags are rotted to chit anyways.

Edit just checked to make sure they were still there - maybe like 10+ old

IMG_1981.jpg

Chit if you was arounds here I would give them to you - that’s if they were still usable haha.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
​ DieselDC;5865441 said:
Wait I do have airbags on the rears but I just never use it b/c I have to manually air them up - see how cheap I am?!!! All it needs is an air compressor but that costs some mo way to setup. By all this time, I think my bags are rotted to chit anyways.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yea I got the 22.5 Alcoa Dura brights not a bad ride either but what a difference it will make with these bags. Mine is 2wd so no front leafs so those went in easily the rears are a little more work but well worth it. And with the self leveling will def help with heavy loads the 5th wheel has its own airbags as well the kit I’ve actually bought in pieces a little at a time so didn’t kill me money wise. The rear bags are actually out of a peterbilt oil truck that the cab burnt so those were free as well as the rims the 5th wheel was the most expensive in one shot. A compressor and tank really aren’t that bad in price just have to shop around really


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
What brand 5th did you get? I got a 16k husky and that sob just sits here - it’s damn near back breaking lifting that sob onto the back - so every trailer I’ve converted all to GN if they didn’t come that way lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
​ DieselDC;5865465 said:
What brand 5th did you get? I got a 16k husky and that sob just sits here - it’s damn near back breaking lifting that sob onto the back - so every trailer I’ve converted all to GN if they didn’t come that way lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I have the ts3 from http://www.trailersaver.com/product/ts3-air-ride-hitch/


Has a trailer weight for 25k



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
And also can be converted to goose neck as well easily instead of converting the trailer


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Damn brother you didn’t cut no corners - no price listed but that don’t look to be no $600 Husky 16k I got haha. I like it! Looks to be stout and ballzy- will pull some chit!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
And also can be converted to goose neck as well easily instead of converting the trailer


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


You got me there - I just hate mine b/c it takes up space on my bed and when I do need the space - I need to have my nephew or a cherry picker to remove it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I didn’t mind putting in the money I just got rid of my ram Cummins that I was spending 600 a month for to sit in my driveway when I have a company truck so I put this truck together knowing that she’ll sit but when I need it she’ll be ready and good to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
Yea I didn’t mind putting in the money I just got rid of my ram Cummins that I was spending 600 a month for to sit in my driveway when I have a company truck so I put this truck together knowing that she’ll sit but when I need it she’ll be ready and good to go


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup money well spent brother!
So you had a chitty 5.9/6.7 Cummins that just sat there? Was thinking of converting the 4x4 to a 5.9 for giggles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
​ DieselDC;5865577 said:
Yup money well spent brother!
So you had a chitty 5.9/6.7 Cummins that just sat there? Was thinking of converting the 4x4 to a 5.9 for giggles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yea i had a 2014 ram 2500 6.7l Cummins and I have a 2015 f350 6.7l Powerstroke for a work truck so I got rid of my payment for the Cummins and bought my wife a new Jeep. And getting the 7.3l I can’t be happier it’s insane but funny how without a payment doesn’t matter how old the truck I like it so much better anyways haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
​ DieselDC;5865577 said:
Yup money well spent brother!
So you had a chitty 5.9/6.7 Cummins that just sat there? Was thinking of converting the 4x4 to a 5.9 for giggles.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I mean the truck has 129k on it in my eyes it’s basically brand new so anything I do is just gonna make it better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,015 Posts
I mean the truck has 129k on it in my eyes it’s basically brand new so anything I do is just gonna make it better


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


10-4. Most people say this isn’t worth it - yeah I understand that point but when they throw in “you won’t make that money back now matter how many years you own the truck” and I simply can’t agree to that.

The day you bought the truck you ain’t never getting your money back. Period. The more upgrades you do to it worth it or not - you’re still not getting any money back lol.

People say the gear venders is a waste of money and you could use that money to buy more fuel - well yeah, so is everything else on this truck. Why do I do it? These balls say so lol.

Look you just got the wife a new Jeep - never going to see that money again but damn brother - you had better make the mrs happy else hells to pay haha - story of my life!

So yeah 129k miles I would consider that prime (not as prime as my rebuilt o miles 4x4 or my current 36k mile motor on the lariet but you get my point lol). I threw money close to double the worth of my truck - I’m poor too but one bite at a time lol - and I think it’s worth every damn penny haha. Wife won’t ride in it though - she wants more class and it’s too loud. I say baby daddy needs a new 2017 6.7 - yeah luxury or not she threw that idea out the window

Yes and yes, you sure do got a better ride no doubt!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
​ DieselDC;5865665 said:
10-4. Most people say this isn’t worth it - yeah I understand that point but when they throw in “you won’t make that money back now matter how many years you own the truck” and I simply can’t agree to that.

The day you bought the truck you ain’t never getting your money back. Period. The more upgrades you do to it worth it or not - you’re still not getting any money back lol.

People say the gear venders is a waste of money and you could use that money to buy more fuel - well yeah, so is everything else on this truck. Why do I do it? These balls say so lol.

Look you just got the wife a new Jeep - never going to see that money again but damn brother - you had better make the mrs happy else hells to pay haha - story of my life!

So yeah 129k miles I would consider that prime (not as prime as my rebuilt o miles 4x4 or my current 36k mile motor on the lariet but you get my point lol). I threw money close to double the worth of my truck - I’m poor too but one bite at a time lol - and I think it’s worth every damn penny haha. Wife won’t ride in it though - she wants more class and it’s too loud. I say baby daddy needs a new 2017 6.7 - yeah luxury or not she threw that idea out the window :(

Yes and yes, you sure do for a better ride no doubt!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yea well I’m right there with ya on no matter what there’s a money loss. In most people’s eyes doing work to anything is a loss doing work to a truck but I also like it. Take my ram for example bought for 52k out the door put 15,000 miles on it in 3 years traded it in for my wife’s Jeep and yes full luxury on her Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland, but what makes her happy keeps me from sleeping with one eye open haha.

The dealership wouldn’t give me more than 34,000 for my truck how’s that loss for people. So I told myself I would take the money I was paying monthly for my ram and put it into this truck like I was paying for it for the rest of the year of 2017. And so far I’m happy with what I have and still have money to play with to put it together. But yes she’s no spring chicken and has a totally different ride and power of my work truck with the 6.7l it can’t compare but taken care of properly I’ve seen these trucks go 300k plus with no problem.

And those 2017 those are pretty but that price tag is insane a operator that I met on a job has a 2017 f350 6.7l twinturbo from the factory king ranch $78,000 all said and done I’ll keep my old ass truck haha



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
I feel your pain, that's a lot of depreciation - $18,000 during three years / 15,000 miles wow!

I better stick with my 99 F350 witch has around 215,000 miles.

:(
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top