Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!
I’ve been reading a lot on here have have not found anything similar. I’m not sure about how to fix this. I just finished programming my sangauge ii. My ficm is reading 48.5 volts while cranking. I have 14.5 v on my ipr. The icv is 4.5v. I have ficm syc to.
History.
The truck has been down for about 3 months.
I’ve owned it for about 1.5 years. The truck has always had a long start. Have to sit key on for about 30 seconds until buzzing stopped to start. When truck gets hot seemed to misfire on one cylinder (not confirmed). So I ran out of gas and filled it up And it ran fine. But burn me it’s my first diesel! Month laster truck is running in the parking lot and I take a left turn. It acts like it’s not getting gas and died. Towed it to a diesel shop. They replace ipr valve. Still no start. They suggest the ficm harness. I replaced that still no start. I replaced batteries and same but now the injector chatter was shorter until finally they have stopped chattering. So no I have crank no start no codes and no chatter. The fuel pump under the truck is priming your can hear it. But that’s it. Please help.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Just because you hear the pump running, doesn't mean it's moving fuel. You need to confirm that you're getting fuel to the bowl.
Other things to consider. The injectors are fired by high pressure oil. Any air leaks in the system will cause some of your symptoms. Junk in the screen under the oil cooler and blown ipr screen can also cause these symptoms.
Basically there is no quick answer. You are going to have to diagnose from the beginning. Remember air, fuel, oil and HEAT for the truck to run. Of course there's more to it than that, but those are the basics.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have replaced the fuel filter in the engine bay. There was fuel there. I will try hooking up my fuel gauge tomorrow and see what’s going on there. I do have an oil leak but it’s not bad and It’s been there since I got the truck. What are some test I can run that can help me diagnose this issue?

·
Registered
47 Posts
You will need a thread adapter for the test port on the fuel bowl, unless you have one of those filter caps with the tapped hole on top
Are those figures to mentioned in the OP with the key on engine off? IPR should be a percentage and ICP(icv) should be about 0.25v -- cranking both of those values will be higher, but the IPR would be more like 40-80%

Bad shop when they start throwing parts at the truck, without diagnosing the problem -- are there any codes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts