Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

Ive got a 2003 Ex 6.0 with 59k miles that i just finished addressing all the major issues that plague a 6.0. See my Sig..

When i went to start the truck up it took alot of cranking to get it where it would fire. Once it started up i got a bunch of white smoke from under the hood maybe back where the turbo is. I was concerned at first that i had pinched a wire and something was shorting out. However, this only happened when it was running. (nothing like thinking you're about to burn your vehicle down)

Im beginning to think maybe i just dont have the turbo clamps on well enough or they just haven't seated themselves fully yet. Then what im seeing is just the engine cleaning out whats in the cylinders from all the cranking and its seeping past the turbo clamp seals.

That sound legit lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
the smoke issue was only one time? as far as the long start that is not alarming as long it was just the initial start, starts ok now? does it have any driveabilty issues? You should not have had a "bunch" of smoke in the turbo area. What kind of egr delete? blanking discs? The clamps should seal pretty good even if they are under tightned, so unless they are very loose dont try to try an tighten your way out of big leak. Your misalignment theory sounds most likely. look at some utube's for clamp tightening (or turbo install).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts