Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2003 CR wiring harness does not have a plug for the engine cooling fan. Is the fan not controlled by the ECU or did the ECU send the signal to a BCM which then had the wiring for the fan? Any info on how to resolve this issue?

On another note, I swapped the 03 CR into a 2005 F250 6.0PS which uses a fan very much like the one on the Cummins. I also have the plug for the fan which comes off the ford PCM and it hooked into the wiring for the AC compressor. What are the chances the ford PCM would activate the fan clutch? The PCM is getting a coolant temp signal as well as the AC compress and line pressure signals. Is my thinking off in this area? Any clarification on this would be great.

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
552 Posts
My 2003 CR wiring harness does not have a plug for the engine cooling fan. Is the fan not controlled by the ECU or did the ECU send the signal to a BCM which then had the wiring for the fan? Any info on how to resolve this issue?

On another note, I swapped the 03 CR into a 2005 F250 6.0PS which uses a fan very much like the one on the Cummins. I also have the plug for the fan which comes off the ford PCM and it hooked into the wiring for the AC compressor. What are the chances the ford PCM would activate the fan clutch? The PCM is getting a coolant temp signal as well as the AC compress and line pressure signals. Is my thinking off in this area? Any clarification on this would be great.

Thanks
Mike
my 04 CR did not have the recepticle for the fan either, but i bought the painless wiring harness and it has the connection, it is controled by the ecu, but ended up not using the cummins fan, i replaced it with the 7.3 fan using the fan hub machined by GOS performance, it was meant to be used with autoworlds quad mounts the other vendors do not set the engine back far enuff. the 6.0 might turn on the fan but you need to be clear if the the 6.0 is a pwm clutch or not, the 03 cummins fan is not pwm, they are not pwm till 2009

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info, I ended up finding the cummins fan control wires and now after i find two plugs i will try it out. Im excited that tomorrow I should be able to drive my F250 under cummins power. hahah

1 - 3 of 3 Posts