Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new to the site and need any help anyone can give. So I have a early 2003 6.0 (mnf 2/2003) (265 k mi. Don’t know what if anything has been done) crank no start. a week or so prior to the CNS the engine would do the little Pulsing surge idle when coming to a stop I immediately figured bad icp. So after the CNS I hooked up the DashBoss blue to it got a whole bunch of codes only 2 that had to do with a CNS a cps circuit code and low icp pressure code(icp psi was 0). So I replaced the cps sensor icp and since I had it apart the ipr changed the oil & filter as well as fuel filters. Still had CNS the ipr screen had some debris on screen couldn’t really tell what from sorry didn’t check to see if oil filter res filled when cranking since replacing filter. wasn’t an issue prior. So here are the perimeters from DashBoss I am new to this app used torque pro prior switched service so went to I phone. Sync reads CC sync when cranking Ficm main per 47.0 v hpop/icp reads 56.0 Psi icp dec psi around 1500 psi ipr% 15 key on no crank 85 when cranking. All parts replaced were oem motorcraft the DashBoss doesn’t have a pid for icp voltage but since it is new figured it was ok none of the wiring seems to be damaged for oil or fuel systems. I haven’t done an air test yet waiting on fittings. Since there was debris on ipr screen I was thinking leak but hpop at 56 psi figured it was bad I’ve read where it should be a little higher even with a bad leak. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see this was posted awhile ago, curious if you fixed your problem or not
Thanks for the reply no I haven’t been able to get it fixed yet I have a lot of parts on order I’ve got it torn back down to the intake and still haven’t air texted yet that’s next. Ordered oil cooler and kit stand pipes and dummy plugs hpop and hpop discharge tube. I was curious about the perimeters on DashBoss since I’m not familiar with it I wanted to narrow it down to a specific problem but I probably would have replaced all the parts anyway I hate to half ass anything thanks for any insight and help you can give.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your IPR should not read 85% when cranking, this could be a stuck IPR valve or a High Pressure oil leak, 85% means it is commanded all the way closed, with the screen being damaged there could be some debris lodged inside the plunger of the IPR. I would start by removing the screen and looking down into the body to see if anything is in there. With the IPR screen removed you can take a small bolt and push the IPR valve down on top of it to push the plunger down, there are some small holes on the side of the body you can spray brake clean in to flush out the valve, do this on a clean rag and see if you get any debris, it doesn't take much to plug them up. You can get a screen kit from Ford that will give you a new screen and associated O-Rings. As you already replaced the ICP sensor i would not suspect it, with the ICP Sensor you should read 0.25V with the key on and engine off, if your scanner doesn't show your ICP voltage an easy cheat is to disconnect the ICP sensor, the PCM will go to a default setting and at least allow you to start the truck and bypass the faulty sensor. If you don't find any debris in the IPR valve you likely have a High pressure oil leak somewhere, your next step would be to hook air up and leak check the system.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your IPR should not read 85% when cranking, this could be a stuck IPR valve or a High Pressure oil leak, 85% means it is commanded all the way closed, with the screen being damaged there could be some debris lodged inside the plunger of the IPR. I would start by removing the screen and looking down into the body to see if anything is in there. With the IPR screen removed you can take a small bolt and push the IPR valve down on top of it to push the plunger down, there are some small holes on the side of the body you can spray brake clean in to flush out the valve, do this on a clean rag and see if you get any debris, it doesn't take much to plug them up. You can get a screen kit from Ford that will give you a new screen and associated O-Rings. As you already replaced the ICP sensor i would not suspect it, with the ICP Sensor you should read 0.25V with the key on and engine off, if your scanner doesn't show your ICP voltage an easy cheat is to disconnect the ICP sensor, the PCM will go to a default setting and at least allow you to start the truck and bypass the faulty sensor. If you don't find any debris in the IPR valve you likely have a High pressure oil leak somewhere, your next step would be to hook air up and leak check the system.
I hope this helps.
It does I did replace the ipr along with the icp so I just figured it would be good I’ve always had pretty good luck with ford oem parts out of the box. I’ll air check through ipr and see what I get it seems everything went bad on this eng. at once lol I’ll post update after air check thanks for your w

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It does I did replace the ipr along with the icp so I just figured it would be good I’ve always had pretty good luck with ford oem parts out of the box. I’ll air check through ipr and see what I get it seems everything went bad on this eng. at once lol I’ll post update after air check thanks for your w
Thanks for your help

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anytime, I would like to hear an update, I've had my fair share of issues with my 6.0, I have learned alot more about this engine then I thought I would ever have to hahaha.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts