Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Excursion with the 7.3. I am experiencing a fuel issue I think. Under a load meaning while accelerating through the gears. It seems to be only in third around 2000 rpm, or when I peg the throttle. Then it will do it in third and 4 gear or above 2000 rpm. It will do this with the tuner or in stock tune. It is also more pronounced while pulling our camper. The truck will idle, and cruise just fine. I have chased the issue to a point. I have changed to lift pump, ICP, CPS, fuel filter, and did the hutch mod a while back. It’s a hard issue to describe however it feels like it’s a miss fire, or fuel cutting out problem. I did a buzz test and that was normal. Any help would be appreciated thank you for your time

·
Administrator
8,462 Posts
i would put a boost gauge in line of the map sensor and monitor it to see if it is boost related.
it sounds like your map sensor is bad and defueling the truck due to what it feels is high boost.

·
Registered
332 Posts
a fuel pressure gauge wouldn't hurt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So i changed the MAP sensor and everything seemed to back in order. Truck was running great UNTIL. I hooked our camper and heading out of town all happy I fixed the issue but no no no. It started again and now I have P1744 code. Would it be possible this was issue all along. And what is P1744 me a for me, a trip to the transmission shop? I am running a stage 2 trans from ATS. Which is still under warranty

·
Registered
3,754 Posts
According to mark kovalsky, that is typically a harness problem.
Did this start recently? After a certain mod?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It started about a month ago coming back from our last camping trip. No mods were done

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you ever get the fuel pressure under load? The closer you get to a constant 60psi the better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts