Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Peon Extraordinaire
1,880 Posts
Way too high for my part of the country. My 2000 CCSB with 127000 miles was under 11000$.
This just shows how important it is to research national prices. You could travel to my area and save 30%!! Get a great road trip and have much better odds of getting a rust free truck.
What part of the country are you from?

I just bluebooked the same truck,but with a crewcab with less milage today in excellant condition.$12,750.00
Which blue book are you using? A 2003 crewcab lariat with low miles is ~$18k using KBB or edmunds...

Sam

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
KBB.

·
Registered
574 Posts
i was...they askin to much and it has a history (oasis) of a oil leak and report never said if it was fixed or not.
See if you can get some more info on the oil leak. Our 7.3 have very minimal oil leak issues, turbo pedistel and oil cooler are easy enough to fix. Have the prce lowered to compensate for it
good luck!

·
This We'll Defend
1,549 Posts
IL7.3 I had the same Badge on my 99 as in your sig. Im iss that truck more than words can ever say!

Sorry for the derail, it just took me back to happier times!!

Good luck buying a good 7.3 brother!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well, maybe I just paid too much for a truck, I don't know... what do you guys think: 1999 CC dually XLT with 200k - VERY clean, looks like a new truck except for some small cig burns on the seats, frame not rusted since it wasn't driven very much in the winter - $13k. Sounded a little high but I just wasn't finding anything else in that price range so I pulled the trigger. I guess I should just be happy with it, sure beats my clapped-out 7.3 van.

Oh - BTW, just joined this forum.

·
Military/Firefighter
61 Posts
wait till diesel prices go back up... between that and the economy a man could prolly pick up a psd for pretty cheap. At least, thats what happened when diesel went up to $4.29/gal. Made me sick, but kbb value was waaay more than what you could really get one for. Of course you can almost never go wrong on a 7.3 if it was taken care of. Thinkin about gettin one toward the end of the summer for a sturdy farm/play truck.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts