Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Eddie Bauer 7.3 with 240k miles. Has sat for 2+ years. Door panels have bubble behind the tan Eddie Bauer parts but the frame looks ok. Needs brake lines, glow plugs, tires and a good 100% service. Think I can get it for $1000 or $1500.

Thoughts? I’m pretty much sold on it at $1000 I need to have it. Just worried after sitting 2+ years it might be a bear to get running and eat up lots of time/money

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anything Excursion specific I should be looking for?

·
PSN intsigator
6,842 Posts
I wouldn't be skerd. I'd be more worried about how it was treated and used prior to the 2 years than the sittin part

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Sitting for 2yrs ain’t a sneeze. You good. Buy it for 1000, throw in another 5. Excursions are identical to an f250 except for the rear frame which means nothing.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That’s what I’m thinking, can’t go wrong. Prob get a set of doors on eBay and a new drivers seat for short money. New brake lines and glow plugs in a day or 2.

·
Administrator
8,462 Posts
only thing that would scare me about that rig is under carriage and body rot being so close to the salt water.

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Frame looks mint, still has factory paint on it. Doors are started under the Eddie Bauer panels but under the body didn’t look to bad. What specifically should I look for on the excursion? I know the super duty is cab corners and doors, OBS is rad support and cab corners. But the excursion is new to me. Doors are junk.

·
Administrator
8,462 Posts
rockers and between rear doors and wheel well openings are the two bad spots for rot here in Jersey near salt water.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Good clean 03 Excursion 7.3 running with 240K miles is worth $7000-15000 depending on what part of the country you are in all day long they are getting harder to find.

We LOVE our 7.3 Excursion I mean seriously it is one badass rig we use the crap out of it

·
Ford Man
192 Posts
$1,000? Buy it. If nothing else, you could part it out and make more than your money back. If that deal were around here, it would come to the house.

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
If a $1500 7.3 excursion showed up anywhere near me, like within a 5-6 hour tow, I would own it already no questions I wouldn't be able to get the $$$$ out of my pocket fast enough they are usually more like $15,000

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
Tbh the pcm alone is worth $1k to the right person. That's about what they go for on Ebay.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Tbh the pcm alone is worth $1k to the right person. That's about what they go for on Ebay.

Around here on the forum it’s 100-200$. Locally it’s 300. Get it rebuilt at swamps for 500. who buys a pcm for a grand- that’s crazy but I hear what you’re saying though. eBay is under 500. Ford has remans for 1200 with warranty last I checked:

—————signature—————

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Have you bought at that place b4? Some of these online vendors are kinda sketchy when it comes to ecu pcm etc.

—————signature—————

·
Administrator
8,275 Posts
I have not. I just tracked 9ne down at my local junk yard a few years back for a guy here because he was having issues getting one.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Yeah is definitely try local or the forums first. I tried two online vendors for repairs / sells pcms and they fried them instead.

—————signature—————

·
CAT lover
602 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
They no longer wanted to sell the truck suddenly just wanted to waste my time

1 - 20 of 22 Posts