would not start when it got hot
however it would start when it was hot if i hit it with ether
replace high pressure pump o rings
replace eger deletion kit
STILL wont start

·
Registered
325 Posts
my parents had trouble like this on there way home from wyoming. had to use ether to start it and would shut off when they stopped at like a toll booth. we took it back on warranty and there was something with an oring in the turbo or something like that..but for some reason i think they had to pull the one head..and pretty sure they had to pull the cab

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a guess=it sounds like oil pressure problems. You need to find scan tool=perferably Ford IDS=and scan for possible engine codes and engine performance PID's to see whats going on. Diagnostics and testing is always the cheapest route of correcting many vehicle drivability issues. Nowdays one can't afford to throw expensive parts in hopes to cure what ails the rig=its a risky crapshoot. Go to the 6.0 engine help and info page and do some info reading=get some help from someone if you're not familiar on the workings of this engine=OR send the work out to someone reputable you may know. Using ether on this engine is a good garantee you WILL be spending bookoo bucks on it. Good luck. George=37 years experience Fleet Technician.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks very much i was at a loss that sounds like the best plan to me thanks
drifter80 hilllsboro ohio,

·
Registered
165 Posts
however it would start when it was hot if i hit it with ether

FYI, Its not a good idea to use ether in a engine with glow plugs, It has the potential tendency of realy screwing some #### up, It is not uncommon for the glow plugs to flash on startup even when engine is at working temputure...

·
Registered
325 Posts
you can use ether with glow plugs you just gotta turn the key straight to start position and not cycle the plugs

also the smashing would probly be the cheapest...send it for scrap and get 7.3 lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts