Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Harl
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys my moms truck has been sitting for a few months since the fuel prices went up.. Now the CE light is on and runs like crap.. The past 2 years we get a CE light and its a code about the ICP voltage being to low... Is there a problem about the pig tails on the ICP harness with the 03's? Had a guy tell me something about it but was not sure. Start the truck cold it lopes about 5 times then smothes out, no power till the truck is completely warm. Im also pretty sure the vanes are sticking due to odd noises and sometimes WOT runs or just let off easy it barks really bad. Its never done the VGT cycle at idle since new... Any tips and what sould be done and any new software up dates I should do?? Sorry for the long post but 6.0's are a differnt game to me then the 7.3's.

·
Registered
203 Posts
check the FICM wiring harness also, it may have rubbed against the firewall and its shorting out. Happened to my bros 03 6.0, similar symptoms

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
when you do the icp, be sure to make sure the pigtail isnt contaminated with oil.. mine was about a foot up. and make sure to rewire it correctly, I learned the hard way.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts