Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright guys heres the deal I have a truck in my shop I did the head gaskets on it put arp studs oem gaskets cleaned the turbo and put new bearings in it blue spring update 6.4 banjos new filters all the way around new screen under the oil cooler new oil cooler new ipr new icp truck starts and idles great has no power when driving it though no codes from my sct when I check it I was getting a kam error at first but that's it the batterys were out of it for over a month when it was here waiting to get the heads done at the machine shop I changed all the rubbers on the injectors when they were out too serviced everything that should have been serviced as per all the posts on here and it has an egr delete and runs a sct tuner I cleaned the map sensor tube it wasn't dirty at all the ebp sensor tube was clear I heard the ebp sensors on this model didn't really have anything to do with the turbo but that's hear say right it had the egr delete when it came here and it ran great aside from the head gaskets being blown out of it

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
all the connections on the boots are good too no leaks no exhaust leaks either

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
was building boost now the owner was just driving it an heard a loud bang and it stalled now we crank it over and hear something bangin around at the rear of the motor could the hpop gear or pump its self make that noise ?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no oil in the coolant no coolant in the oil no leaks anywhere

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the sound is commming from the rear of the motor alomost sounds like the torque converter guts are out of round truck wont even start im gonna get someone over with a scanner to verifiy that the hpop is pumping with my hand on the valve covers I don't feel any distinctive noise at them

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alright here it is I talked to my buddy who said hes never personally seen this but has heard of it happening has anyone here seen it the high pressure oil braided line that feeds the drivers side oil rail possibly blew off now that the owner explained the noises more to me he said the truck made a loud bang and then it sounded like an engine break and then it stalled

·
09 6.4
989 Posts
no need to create 2 threads for the same topic.

i replied to your other thread though.

you own a shop i take it? and come to the forums to get advice on a simple no start?

·
Registered
73 Posts
My boss man has a 03 king ranch 6.0 auto. Intake, exhaust, and a tuner on it. Ran great one day with plenty of power and the next wouldn't do over 50 on the performance setting. Idled great ran smooth as a new one. Just no power. Turned out to be the hpop.

Don't know if this helps or not. Just sounded similar.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no need to create 2 threads for the same topic.

i replied to your other thread though.

you own a shop i take it? and come to the forums to get advice on a simple no start?
I have a garage in my backyard. That I call my shop. I'm no mechanic by any means. Just know how to turn a wrench or two and yas I'm here looking for help on this thing its not a simple no start issue. The first thread I started is for the first issue with it not having any power when. Driving. Then a second issue happend after I already started this thread. Two different questions two differnt threads

·
Banned
328 Posts
I have a garage in my backyard. That I call my shop. I'm no mechanic by any means. Just know how to turn a wrench or two and yas I'm here looking for help on this thing its not a simple no start issue. The first thread I started is for the first issue with it not having any power when. Driving. Then a second issue happend after I already started this thread. Two different questions two differnt threads
If ur hearing a noise from back close to hpop. It wont start. I personally would pull the IPR see if theres any pump material on the screen.
Then pull the pump

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well started with the valve covers and made sure everything there was ok. Then took off the intake to get at the hpop cover and when I pulled the oil filter found it full of brass material so looks like she spun a bearing. The entire oil system is contaminated now. Ipr screen was full of brass too. I don't know why. The the dummy drivin it didn't hear it knocking. I personally think he's one of thos holder to the rug when she makes a noise and hope it gets better kind of guys. Oh did I mention he my uncle. Before I get too far into this thing. What is the inside of the hpop made of ????

·
Banned
328 Posts
Well started with the valve covers and made sure everything there was ok. Then took off the intake to get at the hpop cover and when I pulled the oil filter found it full of brass material so looks like she spun a bearing. The entire oil system is contaminated now. Ipr screen was full of brass too. I don't know why. The the dummy drivin it didn't hear it knocking. I personally think he's one of thos holder to the rug when she makes a noise and hope it gets better kind of guys. Oh did I mention he my uncle. Before I get too far into this thing. What is the inside of the hpop made of ????
O man yeah if the metal is through out the whole system thats gonna be some change.
I believe the metal u speak of is the HPOP

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 27 Posts