Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking to purchase a 2003 10 vane turbo i have a 04 6.0 recent rebuild on turbo i just want more whistle or a way to get more whistle if anyone has any ideas or where i can get a 10 vane kit let me know il even swap or trade open to any ideas

·
Registered
368 Posts
Watch the classifieds.maybe even post a wanted thread in there.is your truck an early 04 or late? Early ones got the same turbo your looking for.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Or you could get a Powermax :evil

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Straight pipe the exhaust, get a PowerMax or find a decent '03 turbo.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got straightpipe and k&n mine is a late 04 made november 2004 basically a early 05 model

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey still looking for that turbo any body. Got one stevecooper24atyahoo.com

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have an 03 I just pulled off my truck pm me before I list it in the classifieds..

·
Registered
772 Posts
It's not the number of vanes, I think they all have 9 vanes that open and close. It's the impellers/or fins on the exhaust side wheel that determine whistle pitch.

·
6.0 strokin
113 Posts
I have an 03 I'd swap out

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i appreciate all the replies and offers i was seriously wanting a turbo but after some thought and consideration im looking to trade or sell my truck for a four door im tired of the ex cab have been for a while so upgrades and unnecessary things im going to wait on

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
It's not the number of vanes, I think they all have 9 vanes that open and close. It's the impellers/or fins on the exhaust side wheel that determine whistle pitch.
Yep. 9 vanes in 03 and early 04. but I thought they added more vanes sometime in late 04 to try and "quiet" the whistle.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got a 07 and i was looking at doing the same what all do i need to buy to make it work? I know i need a new pedistal and thats about it? Can someone pm me if they want to do a swap or sell outright. Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys I know this is my first post but I also have an 04 and am willing to trade my 04 turbo (150k miles) running fine for an 03 turbo plus I'll throw in some cash. I know this is an old post but it's worth a shot. Couldn't find anything on my other forum

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've got an 03 on my 2006 and you sure can hear the whistle a hell of a lot more than any other 6.0's near me haha.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts