Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought one to replace mine which i'm pretty sure is bad.
Where is it located?
Cause I think I might have the wrong part. I know it's supposed to be on top of the accelerator pedal, but there is nothing there that resembles the part I bought. The one end looks like it will work, but the end that plugs into the pedal assembly is totally different?!?
There was no option for the part. There was only one TPS I could find for 02, so IDK, man. This is what I got here :

Is this right?

Where is it i the truck?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not trying to replace the whole assembly. More than likely it's just the Throttle position sensor that needs to be replaced. I just don't know exactly where on the assembly it is?
Anyone just replace the TPS on an 02? What is the part number? The number I got is #F4SZ9B989AA.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
To replace your TPS,APP,ETC,IVS or whatever you want to call it you must replace the entire pedal assembly.

Did the re-burn not correct your bucking issue.

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Chris the TPS for all superduties is the entire pedal assy

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No the re-burn didn't help.

I've read thread where guys have replaced the TPS only.
It doesn't make sense that you can't replace it separately. They are two different part numbers. Why would there be a part number for a part that you couldn't buy by itself? It is $60 vs. about $350 for the entire pedal assembly.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
No the re-burn didn't help.

I've read thread where guys have replaced the TPS only.
It doesn't make sense that you can't replace it separately. They are two different part numbers. Why would there be a part number for a part that you couldn't buy by itself? It is $60 vs. about $350 for the entire pedal assembly.
OBS vs SD

SD guys are SOL when it comes to this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts